This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random Reboot and Broken Auto-brightness after Update (WW_30.12.112.56)

linggasy
Star III
Hi all,
As stated on the title after updated to WW_30.12.112.56, my phone randomly reboot (not too often though) and also auto-brightness not working like usual.
Before this update, which was on WW_30.12.112.46, everything was fine.
Hopefully Asus devs will look into this matter and fix them on the next update.
Regards,
Anotherzenfone8user
44 REPLIES 44

linggasy
Star III
Irene2_ASUS

Hi @linggasy,

Please try the following steps;

1) Double-check that you have Adaptive brightness enabled by going to Settings -> Display -> Adaptive brightness

2) You can reset adaptive brightness by going to Settings -> Apps & notifications -> Se all XX apps -> Device Health Services -> Storage & cache -> Clear storage -> Reset adaptive brightness

I hope that solves your issue, otherwise let me know 🙂

View post
Hi there, wow that's new... I don't know you can reset "adaptive brightness" only. Thanks, Irene but the issue still persists. I think it's a bug within this update. I use this phone for almost 2 months now and always update whenever there's a chance. I can confirm that previous version (WW_30.12.112.46) worked great for me, maybe the best so far because before that version there were problems as well but I forgot.
*P.S.: I don't know why but random reboot no longer happened. Total 3 times of random reboot after update.

vinko063
Star III
@Irene2_ASUS
Can you explain how to reset adaptive brightness.

mj06
Rising Star I
vinko063

@Irene2_ASUS

Can you explain how to reset adaptive brightness.

View post
Hi Vinko, all informations are in Irene2's message.

vinko063
Star III
I have done what @Irene2_ASUS suggested but the problem with brightness still presist.

Cyslawo
Rising Star II
vinko063

I have done what @Irene2_ASUS suggested but the problem with brightness still presist.

View post
I have the same