This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor voice quality

qualinn
Star II
I have this phone from yesterday and I have notice that voice quality during phone calls is very poor 😕
People in their phones also told me that their hear me not to good.
Is it normal for that phone? Cheaper phones have better phonecall quality like this one. Im very dissapointed 😞
57 REPLIES 57

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
qualinn

I have this phone from yesterday and I have notice that voice quality during phone calls is very poor 😕

People in their phones also told me that their hear me not to good.

Is it normal for that phone? Cheaper phones have better phonecall quality like this one. Im very dissapointed 😞

Poor voice quality
Please share your device present firmware version and also make sure you are possibly on latest version and your phone is up to date.
To check for latest firmware
Settings>System>System update>check for update.
This is the latest firmware have a look and make sure your Zenfone 8 is on this version. 👇
Admin

【Version】

【Model Name】

ZenFone 8 (ZS590KS)

【Release Date】

2021/05/14

Since the server pushes update notice to different serial numbers by batches, it may take some days for you to receive the FOTA notice. Thanks for your patience. You may tap “System updates” in [Settings] >[System] to check if there is new firmware available. Or, you can also try to manually update firmware by referring to the following link.

How to update firmware on my phone?

【Release Note】

1. Improved system stability
  2. Improved system performance
  3. Added one-hand mode and guidance instructions
  4. Improved fingerprint unlock animation
  5. Added Document mode to the ASUS Camera
  6. Added capsule-style icon in the status bar for specific scenarios such as phone call, sound recording, etc.
  7. Adjusted the opening animation of the front camera
  8. Improved camera quality
  9. Added priority mode in ASUS Settings
  10. Added search function in Force Dark Mode.
  11. Enabled VoLTE on Telia (Lithuania)
  12. Enabled VoLTE & VoWifi on ICE (Norway) 
  13. Updated Android security patch

[210513]ZenFone 8_WW_30.11.51.41
If there are numerous users complaining about same problem than dont worry ASUS will definetly have a look into this problem and i already see many users have started complaining on same issue worldwide even on other forums so most probably this should get fixed in future fimware updates. There was similar case when Zenfone 6 was launched and later ASUS made some optimisations on user feedbacks to call quality output, so i mean is please dont worry this should also be addressed if it requiers to be fixed.
Till than enjoy your compact Zenfone 8.
Thanks!

mihhail1988
Star II
AmitGarde

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/48291/poor-voice-quality

Please share your device present firmware version and also make sure you are possibly on latest version and your phone is up to date.

To check for latest firmware

Settings>System>System update>check for update.

This is the latest firmware have a look and make sure your Zenfone 8 is on this version. 👇

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/48208/210513-zenfone-8-ww-30-11-51-41

If there are numerous users complaining about same problem than dont worry ASUS will definetly have a look into this problem and i already see many users have started complaining on same issue worldwide even on other forums so most probably this should get fixed in future fimware updates. There was similar case when Zenfone 6 was launched and later ASUS made some optimisations on user feedbacks to call quality output, so i mean is please dont worry this should also be addressed if it requiers to be fixed.

Till than enjoy your compact Zenfone 8.

Thanks!

View post
Jes i can confirm that too. Accually here is problem with both sides, i cant normally hear opposite side and opposite side cant normally hear me. The call volume change dont help, because problem is not in volume but in quality.
Yo dont have to reply, these is just for information to technicians who will solve in... I hope reeeaallly soon because i have to use my old phone right now 😢

mihhail1988
Star II
Same here, people cant normally hear me and i cant normally hear them. Quality is reeeaaly poor.

qualinn
Star II
There is the newest firmware
img-20210519-115043.jpg