This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picture in picture mode not working

GavinJSmart
Star III
I cannot get picture in picture mode to work at all on the zenfone 8. On google maps navigation and YouTube premium it just fails to launch the pop up window when you switch apps.
With navigation it sometimes causes the phone to lag completely when it tries to launch the pop up window.
This is a deal breaker for me as I was using this feature every day until I got the zenfone 😢
4 REPLIES 4

wongeden
Star I
same, it happened after the recent android 11 update

GavinJSmart
Star III
I've found the only time it appears is over the top of the keyboard whenever I go to type in another app, which is extremely annoying!

Irene2_ASUS
Zen Master I
Hi @GavinJSmart ,
Try clearing the cache on ASUS launcher, if this doesn't help try rebooting it in safe mode to rule out that any 3rd party app is causing this.

off2fly115
Rising Star II
GavinJSmart

I cannot get picture in picture mode to work at all on the zenfone 8. On google maps navigation and YouTube premium it just fails to launch the pop up window when you switch apps.

With navigation it sometimes causes the phone to lag completely when it tries to launch the pop up window.

This is a deal breaker for me as I was using this feature every day until I got the zenfone 😢

Picture in picture mode not working
Same bro. It's annoying. Google Pixel phones don't seem to have that problem tho btw. My dad has one and it's super smooth.