cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone stays at 1% for very long and battery keeps charging above 100%

flolaff
Star III
Hi,
I recently started using Accubattery after noticing that battery life on my ZF8 was terrible. My observations are the following :
-If I stay between 2% and 99%, the battery life is really bad and I get an estimated battery of 3000mAh.
-At 100%, the battery keeps on charging for about a full hour at around 250-300mA, which is equal to almost 10% more battery (!) before it finally stops charging and shows 0mA of current charge.
-At 1%, the phone keeps working for really long, sometimes for several hours. It seems to draw about 400mAh at 1% before it actually dies. The percentage indicator is working really badly, the phone virtually goes from -15% to +110%.
That's why Accubattery calculates a 3000mAh battery, because between 1 and 99% it is actually 3000. 25% of this battery is spent on 100%+ or 1%-.
When taking that into account, battery life isn't terrible at all, it's just normal. But when you try to use it between 10 and 90%, it's actually like using it between 25 and 80%, so it doesn't last long.
I know this is a common behavior of battery indicators, but here it's REALLY extreme, I've had a lot of smartphones in the last 10 years and have never seen something as extreme as that. Am I the only one to notice that? Obviously it's fixable by software, hope we'll see an update soon.
5 REPLIES 5

gabecka02
Star III
Thanks for the figures.
I had the same idea but never actually been able to check it in other apps.
So it does make sense to not just unplug as soon as it hits the 100% but to leave it there for the next hour or so too.
Do you think with android 12 this issues will be addressed?

flolaff
Star III
gabecka02

Thanks for the figures.

I had the same idea but never actually been able to check it in other apps.

So it does make sense to not just unplug as soon as it hits the 100% but to leave it there for the next hour or so too.

Do you think with android 12 this issues will be addressed?

View post
I'm not sure it'll get fixed unfortunately... but if someone is reading me at Asus : it would be really appreciated as this is quite annoying when using the phone daily.

Blumi
Rising Star II
flolaff

Hi,

I recently started using Accubattery after noticing that battery life on my ZF8 was terrible. My observations are the following :

-If I stay between 2% and 99%, the battery life is really bad and I get an estimated battery of 3000mAh.

-At 100%, the battery keeps on charging for about a full hour at around 250-300mA, which is equal to almost 10% more battery (!) before it finally stops charging and shows 0mA of current charge.

-At 1%, the phone keeps working for really long, sometimes for several hours. It seems to draw about 400mAh at 1% before it actually dies. The percentage indicator is working really badly, the phone virtually goes from -15% to +110%.

That's why Accubattery calculates a 3000mAh battery, because between 1 and 99% it is actually 3000. 25% of this battery is spent on 100%+ or 1%-.

When taking that into account, battery life isn't terrible at all, it's just normal. But when you try to use it between 10 and 90%, it's actually like using it between 25 and 80%, so it doesn't last long.

I know this is a common behavior of battery indicators, but here it's REALLY extreme, I've had a lot of smartphones in the last 10 years and have never seen something as extreme as that. Am I the only one to notice that? Obviously it's fixable by software, hope we'll see an update soon.

Phone stays at 1% for very long and battery keeps charging above 100%
I have the same experience! Thanks for the numbers:

sexiclube55
Rising Star I
Yes, phone stays long at 1% and when IS charged 100% and greend LED IS on, then charges 30 min with approx 150 mA>... Tested with ampermeter... But i think, IS better to stay long at 1 % with big reserve instead early switching off the mobile phone when the battery wears out over time(aging).