Did you mean: 

people ear echo while in speaker mode

RobertFastec
Star II

Model Name: Zenfone 8
Firmware Version: M3 13 24 79
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence: always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): any talk in speaker mode

If all the people owning a Zenfone 8 would use speaker mode, this thread would be endless

Asus delivered Zenfone 8 with this big issue and only people using speaker mode discovered it

Try by your own. People on the other side cannot talk with you because they ear their self voice and it becomes impossible for them to talk with you

Speaker mode is a must and you admitted this issue when now most of the phones are out of warranty

37 REPLIES 37

afsilva
Star III

UPDATE: the service center reviewed the audio recording and informed it is normal for the microphone to capture audio when call is set to speaker mode. They even went as far as saying they were able to reproduce the issue in the lab but they found it normal (no comments!)

I filed a complaint and I just received new RMA instructions to send the phone back to service center.

@Mattias_ASUSplease give us a hand on this. What can we (users) do in order to be heard? File a lawsuit? This is getting ridiculous!

xDD

I wonder if Zenfone 10 will still have this issue.

Hi!

I will look into it personally and check with the team, I saw your PM and will send you a reply.

Probably the lawsuit as a group will be the final solution. I would definetely sign that!

Dnivie
Star III

Gentlemen, FYI.

I received my Zenfone 9 a couple of weeks ago after it had been repaired/fixed. It took almost 4 weeks due to the long delivery of components. Since I did not receive any report of what has been done, I guess it's a new microphone. However, I received the phone pre-installed new OS V33.0804.2060.142. After testing for about 2weeks now it seems it works perfectly. No complaints from the other end while speaking in handsfree-mode, no echo, no bad sound quality ........So, I guess it has been a hardware failure.