Did you mean: 

people ear echo while in speaker mode

RobertFastec
Star II

Model Name: Zenfone 8
Firmware Version: M3 13 24 79
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence: always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): any talk in speaker mode

If all the people owning a Zenfone 8 would use speaker mode, this thread would be endless

Asus delivered Zenfone 8 with this big issue and only people using speaker mode discovered it

Try by your own. People on the other side cannot talk with you because they ear their self voice and it becomes impossible for them to talk with you

Speaker mode is a must and you admitted this issue when now most of the phones are out of warranty

37 REPLIES 37

I send in a request regarding this problem, and ASUS support approved my request. Sent my phone to RMA on 1. June.

kaczkrzysiek
Rising Star I

I didn't. My phone came back with scratched chassis, some dust behind camera glass cover (there is a stain on photos from wide-angle camera now) and original sim card needle is too short now, I have to use a third-party one. I've lost my patience for this.

😤...........I would never accept this kind of so-called "support". I totally understand your frustration.

RobertFastec
Star II

people ear echo while in speaker mode - SOLVED

Today I had for a pure casualty the DEFINITIVE CONFIRMATION that the echo of themselves people ears in standard phone calls when speaker mode is activated

IS AN ASUS SOFTWARE ISSUE

demonstration , I never use Whatsapp calls. Today my colleague was in an area with no operator line but wifi available

he called me through whatsapp and I turned on speaker mode, he was earing perfectly no echo of himself

and he also confirmed about the fact speaker mode was sounding good and nice (usually speaker mode is not qualitative as the other)

People should organize some class action against Asus for cheating people telling it is some hardware issue

THIS IS THE DEMONSTRATION IT IS NOT AN HARDWARE ISSUE

they have some driver/software issue and they bother you telling you must send the phone to some service center

AND IN FACT some people sent the phone and it came back with the issue unsolved

But still, this is a problem since there are no software updates that fix this bug...or am I missing something?

I had the latest update V33.0804.2060.113 (Of course after I sent it to RMA a new update V142 where released on 1. June). I just have to wait and see.

Have had this problem for over 8month and support has known this issue for a very long time.........