cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New firmware update from 20th of May - non supported google payment methods

8ithaqua8
Star II
Hello guys,
This thread is a question to support and on the other side to warn everyone from installing the new firmware on the Zenfone 8. Once installed the google pay is no longer supported for NFC payment.
Dear support - can you provide me information when you expect to have that certified?
Is there a way to roll back to the previous version as I use the phone as my mainly payment method very often?
Best regards,
Rafał
20 REPLIES 20

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
8ithaqua8

Hello guys,

This thread is a question to support and on the other side to warn everyone from installing the new firmware on the Zenfone 8. Once installed the google pay is no longer supported for NFC payment.

Dear support - can you provide me information when you expect to have that certified?

Is there a way to roll back to the previous version as I use the phone as my mainly payment method very often?

Best regards,

Rafał

New firmware update from 20th of May - non supported google payment methods
Can you share your device latest firmware version?
What i can see here is Zenfone 8 got 2 continous updates within these 3 days from 17th may. So what i think here is if you are on firmware version released on 17th may i. E.. 41 version than you must update to. 44 version which is released today on 20th may and see if your problem is solved with latest firmware.
Firmware released on 17th may is. 41👇
Admin

【Version】

【Model Name】

ZenFone 8 (ZS590KS)

【Release Date】

2021/05/14

Since the server pushes update notice to different serial numbers by batches, it may take some days for you to receive the FOTA notice. Thanks for your patience. You may tap “System updates” in [Settings] >[System] to check if there is new firmware available. Or, you can also try to manually update firmware by referring to the following link.

How to update firmware on my phone?

【Release Note】

1. Improved system stability
  2. Improved system performance
  3. Added one-hand mode and guidance instructions
  4. Improved fingerprint unlock animation
  5. Added Document mode to the ASUS Camera
  6. Added capsule-style icon in the status bar for specific scenarios such as phone call, sound recording, etc.
  7. Adjusted the opening animation of the front camera
  8. Improved camera quality
  9. Added priority mode in ASUS Settings
  10. Added search function in Force Dark Mode.
  11. Enabled VoLTE on Telia (Lithuania)
  12. Enabled VoLTE & VoWifi on ICE (Norway) 
  13. Updated Android security patch

[210513]ZenFone 8_WW_30.11.51.41
Firmware released on 20th May is. 44 (today) 👇
Admin

【Version】

【Model Name】

ZenFone 8 (ZS590KS)

【Release Date】

2021/05/20

Since the server pushes update notice to different serial numbers by batches, it may take some days for you to receive the FOTA notice. Thanks for your patience. You may tap “System updates” in [Settings] >[System] to check if there is new firmware available. Or, you can also try to manually update firmware by referring to the following link.

How to update firmware on my phone?

【Release Note】

1. Improved camera quality
  2. Enabled VoLTE on Vodafone (Spain)
  3. Fixed issue where ultra durable notification could not be removed 
  4. Improved system stability
  5. Fixed thumbnails issue in 3rd party camera

[210514]ZenFone 8_WW_30.11.51.44
If you are not on. 44 latest firmware please wait for it to arrive as it will be released in batches.& even after updating your device, issue is still not resolved than please revert here back again with a comment.
Thanks!

8ithaqua8
Star II
Unfortunately I am on the latest WW_30.11.51.44 that I downloaded today.

mkumitsu
Star III
After today update my device is no longer Play Protect certified either. That is why Google Pay not work.

mickey10021
Rising Star II
This is due to CTS not sync with new firmware yet. It may take around 8 - 20 hours for Google to approve CTS and the issue will fix it by itself.