This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My zenfone 8 keeps downloading a file called AccuraLog.txt.

Orangechameleon
Star II

Hello

My Zenfone 8 keeps downloading a file called AccuraLog.txt.

I'm worried I've gotten some kind of malicious software on my phone. Can someone give me some advice on how I can find out what is downloading this file and if it's malicious without opening it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

hhappyboii
Star I

Hello! Yes, I had the same problem, and the fix was to delete an app called Batelco. I am from the country of Bahrain, and the most popular telecom company here is called Batelco. Just a few days ago, the Batelco app started downloading and logging my Chrome info on my Android phone. If you are not from Bahrain, then know that this is caused by an app on your phone, not a virus or malware.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

InteRadek
Rising Star I

How did you determine it was downloaded and not created by an app on your phone? How big is the file and where exactly is it located?

Thanks. I'm guessing it was downloaded because it appeared in my download folder. It's 533 bites. Despite deleting it from my download folder, another one downloaded yesterday (15/6) at 4pm 

Sogeko0o
Star I

Do the following steps:
1) Download anti virus and make a full scan to your phone (Kaspersky is recommended)
2) Go to your browser and go to settings and go to downloads and select "ask where to download" to make sure you decide to keep or not keep any file to be downloaded to your device

InteRadek
Rising Star I

@Sogeko0o  Antivirus software on Android is a waste of resources. It can't properly access other apps to determine if they are malicious because of restrictions every app has on Android.

@Orangechameleon  I think it may be a log file created by an app on your phone. If you can attach the file here, I will try to determine if I can find anything about it.