Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

google assistant not working

bengalili
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus Zenfone 8
baseband version: M3.13.24.55-Sake_0000110
kernel version - 5.4.61-qgki-perf, builder2021-RS720-E9-RS8-G #1 TUE DEC 14 00:43:20 CST 2021
EXTENSUON ROM: 1.1.31
BUILD NUMBER: RKQ1.201022.002.30.12.112.72 release-keys
Rooted or not: I dunno, bought it from an isaeli vendor.
android version - 11
Frequency of Occurrence: Daily
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): google assistant
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
lets say google assistant works. it recognizes my voice and everything is fine.
then, it starts malfunctioning i.e, I say "Ok Google" and I see that it had opend up and I hear the ping sound. but when I say something like "call X" or "play in spotify", it doesnt do anything.. only after I say ok google again, then it hears the rest of the instructions. So I have to actvate it twice.
after a few times like this, it stops woking completly. hey google setting is swiped right and blue. even if I retrain voice model it doesnt work.
It usually happens when I am in the car but not just. to make it work again I have to delete my voice model, disactivate google assistant and hey google, shutdown my phone, turn it back on, re-activate everything and sometimes it doesnt work even after this. .
BTW - shouldnt the phone suggest to update the android version to 12 by now?

Regards
Ben
1 REPLY 1

Irene2_ASUS
Zen Master I
Hi @bengalili
1.If you are running on an old firmware you can try upgrading it manually, here you can find latest drivers to install
Zenfone 8|Phones|ASUS Global
2.Since you are currently on an older version you will have to upgrade step by step to get to the newest version .81
3.Regarding your issue with google assistant, you can try clearing app cache and system wide cache.