cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Assistant Handsfree - ZenFone 8

chrisbepost
Star II
Hi there,
My ZenFone 8 has "Hey Google and Voice Match" enabled. It says that this is "Get hands-free help from your Assistant", and it says further it allows to "Access your Assistant any time that you say "Hey Google", even if your screen is off or you're using your favourite apps". I also have the Assistant "Lock screen" settings enabled that says "Assistant responses on lock screen", which explains "Allow your Assistant to respond when your phone is locked...".
However, that doesn't work. I have to unlock the device and manually start the "Assistant" app to get it to respond to my voice. That's clearly not "Hands-free". Is there a hack to make it work?
YouTube clip with ID bUDzLyTVZmk (can't post links yet) shows it being enabled and working. But it doesn't work on my device unless I unlock the screen and open the app. It seems to be an Android 11 phone as the options look slightly different to mine. I have Android 12. Thanks for suggestions.

4 REPLIES 4

keren_ASUS
Hi @chrisbepost
Thank you so much for reaching out. Have you updated your firmware to the latest version (31.1010.0411.113) released on 08/03?

chrisbepost
Star II
keren_ASUS

Hi @chrisbepost

Thank you so much for reaching out. Have you updated your firmware to the latest version (31.1010.0411.113) released on 08/03?

View post
Hi. It's on build 31.1010.0411.89. Does 113 contain a fix for that problem? I tried updating but it says .89 is the current version. No update available. What now? How can I update?

chrisbepost
Star II
bergmen

there are a million threads that the Google assistant does not work. And the administrator just sees it now and asks a stupid question? are you not serious

View post
😯 so much gusto 👊

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.