cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firmware missing on website?

kubai
Star I

Hello,

i wanted to download the latest firmware for my Zenfone 8, but i was unable to find it. It seems that at https://www.asus.com/mobile-handhelds/phones/zenfone/zenfone-8/helpdesk_download/ the whole "BIOS & FIRMWARE" tab is just gone from the website.

Am i doing something wrong, or is this a known problem with the website? Is there any way to download the latest official firmware?

14 REPLIES 14

frantsy
Star III

I have the same problem.  Would ASUS moderators please advise?

Understand there is a latest firmware with July security patch which I really need, but my phone has been unlocked before, so not able to update via OTA.  Please kindly restore the manual update way.

Falcon_ASUS

@kubai  @frantsy 
We would like to inform you that we no longer provide previous firmware versions or downgraded software packages on ASUS official website. This is to ensure that the security updates on your phone remain up-to-date with the latest firmware versions. We appreciate your understanding and patience. If you have any question or need assistance, please feel free to visit our service center or call the service hot line, we will do our best to provide help for your questions. 
Thank you.

Hello, thanks for responding but like @frantsy said, not only previous firmware versions are missing but even the current one is missing. The support pages for Zenfone 9 and 10 still have at least the current firmware available to download, but it's completely missing for the Zenfone 8. Do you have any insight why this is the case, or can you forward this somewhere so it gets fixed?

Regards

Same is for ROG Phone 5S!

Were is latest firmware? It is gone!!!

Firmware.PNG