This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

face unlock

davidok0608
Star II
I know that face unlock isn't considered as a safe security feature to rely on in compare to a fingerprint sensor. But I am wondering how the phone can detect my face covered in face mask ( and I have a large one!) and unlock the phone? Is this normal? I remember when I was using my old Xiaomi Mi 10 that it didnt react at all to my face in face mask..
4 REPLIES 4

laci_kara
Rising Star I
Mine don't either. Your mask may follow your nose lines better I guess.

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
Our face unlock can do mask detection and if the face data is still deemed as accurate enough from the exposed bit, it will unlock.

If it isnt, it wont unlock. Every face and scan state will vary as such and it does not mean all masked faces can unlock.

robybaggio11
Star III
I don't know if the face recognition algorithm of the zenfone 8 is that sophisticated or if it is just not enough precise, but you as a human are able to recognize a person even with a face mask, so potentially also a good algorithm can.

davidok0608
Star II
robybaggio11

I don't know if the face recognition algorithm of the zenfone 8 is that sophisticated or if it is just not enough precise, but you as a human are able to recognize a person even with a face mask, so potentially also a good algorithm can.

View post
Exactly! Thats what I worry about!