This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Your ZenFone 8 Make Alarming Noises??

nasch007
Rising Star II

Good morning,

This is the second or third time this has happened to me, and I'm starting to worry.

While the phone was in my pocket, myself and two co workers heard it start going off. The ZenFone 8 started to make extremely loud, high pitched beeps. At first I thought it was an emergency alert, but there was nothing on the screen.

The volume was maxed out, and the tones coming out were not an alert sound I have for any notification or emails. They also seemed to be a pattern (like POST codes for the computer). The beeps/bells came in a series of 5 sounds in a row: "beep-beep-beep-beep-beep" tiny pause, then "beep-beep-beep-beep-beep".

Turning the volume down made the sound quieter (obviously), however they did not stop until I unlocked my phone by entering my pattern.

This has happened 1 or 2 other times recently, with seemingly no common denominator. The last time I remember this happening was within a month or so ago, and it was just sitting on the counter with no interaction.

I'm very concerned about what is going on. Is this a POST-code? Distress signal? Cry for help?

The phone is not abnormally warm. There were no apps running in the foreground. The phone was locked. The phone is bone stock (not rooted, not unlocked).

As this is my second ZenFone 8 motherboard (already died and replaced once) I'm genuinely concerned this thing is about to die. @Falcon_ASUS this seems to be a different issue than the ones that people have been reporting lately. Can someone from Asus please post a response as to what this might be?

0 REPLIES 0