This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dim always-on-display

Newbie2
Star II
The always-on-display with clock etc is very faint on my device. It was so on the original OS and continues in A2 with latest update. I literally have to stand over it to make anything out under most lighting conditions.
In comparison my Samsung devices have crisp, clear AOD that is easily visible from across the room, adapting even to bright ambient lighting.
How can I increase the brightness of AOD on the Zenfone 8? At present it's consuming power without being of much use.
Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5

Blumi
Rising Star II
Newbie2

The always-on-display with clock etc is very faint on my device. It was so on the original OS and continues in A2 with latest update. I literally have to stand over it to make anything out under most lighting conditions.

In comparison my Samsung devices have crisp, clear AOD that is easily visible from across the room, adapting even to bright ambient lighting.

How can I increase the brightness of AOD on the Zenfone 8? At present it's consuming power without being of much use.

Thanks.

Dim always-on-display
This is weird. My AOD is adaptive

Newbie2
Star II
Blumi

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/59720/dim-always-on-display

This is weird. My AOD is adaptive

View post
Thanks for the input - that is indeed strange. If it makes any difference I have the 8z model in India.
Perhaps there's a setting for AOD brightness somewhere I have missed...

Blumi
Rising Star II
Newbie2

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/209990#Comment_209990

Thanks for the input - that is indeed strange. If it makes any difference I have the 8z model in India.

Perhaps there's a setting for AOD brightness somewhere I have missed...

View post
I have no additional setting for that. Is adaptive brightness turned on? I'm using the initial phone

ARP_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi Newbie2,
There is no additional settings for AOD to raise or lower the brightness.
I will definitely check and compare with other AOD feature devices, but there is no guarantee that there could be any significant increase