This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clicking noise from camera/loudspeaker

czinege_tamas
Star III
Ever since I got back my Zenfone8 from the service (they replaced the display) there is a "clicking" noise audible randomly. I could not figure out what is causing it, sometimes it does it in every 1minute, sometimes it takes longer time, but its repeating. During calls, I can hear it very often, but also during browsing when I hold the phone in my hand (away from my ears) its also loud enough to be heard. Before my phone was in the service, I have not encountered into this, just after the return of the repaired phone with the latest (30.12.112.36) fw preinstalled. I am unsure where it comes from exactly, but its frustrating.
Has anyone else experienced similar???
13 REPLIES 13

patbence_1999
Star I
Same problem, but mine is completely factory made.

PhaGWiZ
Rising Star I
Same here, I think it started doing it after the last update.
I noticed that it only happens when the screen dims when it is about to turn off because of inactivity.
Can anyone else confirm the same?

czinege_tamas
Star III
Thanks for confirmation, probably its an issue with the latest (30.12.112.36) firmware then.

Irene2_ASUS
Zen Master I
Hi @czinege.tamas @patbence.1999 @Adaoh
I have not been able to reproduce this, can you clarify if is it a physical sound or if it's coming from the speakers?
Would be possible for any of you to add here a video with sound of this issue you are experiencing?
Thank you!