This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Zenfone 8: don't buy it! Horrible battery performance, horrible Asus service.

leoncarrera
Star III

Bought this phone end of July. Straight from the box extreme poor battery performance. Drained from only looking at it, not even using it, running hot. Spend way to much time to all the battery saving settings, charging limits, updates, roll backs, factory resets, safe mode sessions etcetera. It's just not right when battery life of your 'flagship' phone becomes like an obcession to get it through a day. Battery performance doesn't even come close to my ancient OnePlus2 from 2015, which I now use again, since the Asus just can't be used for half a day without charging.  Overnight is ultra durable mode it still drains 30%-50%. 

Send it for repair to Asus, but like with many others here on Zentalk, I received the phone unrepaired. They performed their Asus test and the result were fine according to their benchmark. 'Problem can't be duplicated'. Could send it in again according to Asus, but to their won warning with a good change the phone would come back again untouched, unrepaired. What kind of service is that?

This whole Asus experience is one big dissapointment. They obviously know about many of their Zenfones perform badly battery wise. And still the dare to say that half a day to a day it good enough and the phone is in good conditions. No it is not. It's a faulty product with a dissapoining service. When you back your products you make sure they perform like the specs you sold them with. When you can't figure out the problem, you send a new phone. Service isn't that hard, keeping customers happy neither. But at Asus this is just not the case. Never an Asus product in my life again.

17 REPLIES 17

Redbone86
Star III

There you can see that "others" on battery setup IS over 35% SO WHAT THAT IS?

keren_ASUS

Hello @Redbone86 

I'm so sorry for the inconvenience. I understand it can be frustrating, but can you please try generating the log again, but this time make sure you're:

1. Using the ASUS Calculator app and not another one

2. Make sure you enter the entire sequence into the calculator .19595+= 

Thank you for your help! 

Redbone86
Star III

Now i made several fixes to My phone. I INSTALLED also ACCUBATTERY APP and i pay For PRO version.

That accubattery SHOWS better that which apps use your battery. But Even that app DOESNT TOLD what IS that OTHERS?. 

SO ASUS CAN YOU PLEASE ANSWER what that OTHER IS ON DOWN THERE ON BATTERY USE APP LIST (other). Because last FULLYCHARGE i get 6hours internet use. Chrome was 34.9% over 5h use. But THERE WAS AGAIN THAT OTHERS THIS TIME 28.9% DISCHARGE OF FULL BATTERY.

So ASUS what that OTHER IS?