This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another ZF8 dead

Viv30911
Star I

In the ERA for 6 inch plus phones, the Zenfone 8 was a dream phone. Coming from Samsung's S8 this phone checked all the boxes for me.

Sadly after exactly 2 years(and 1 day) my phone has died.

After a day at work I put it to charge, it was around 15%. When I come a few mins later I see the phone screen is off.
I try to turn it on nothing blank, it doesn't charge, no notification light, screen pitch black. Phone doesn't heat up when the charger is attached, and when I attach a power bank, it doesn't show as discharging.

Going through xda and this forum I see that this is an issue plaguing many. 
My phone's manufacturing date was 07.2021
And in my naivete, I thought I was safe from the issues like ramdump facing the 05.21 and before batches.

I always kept my phone on steady charging and durable power mode, so that not to heatup the 888 but I guess it's finally gave out.
The weather out here in India is on the hotter side and it didn't help things.

I did send in the phone to the service center but they have diagnosed that the main board is dead and replacing that part is the only option.

The cost for the same is more than the phone purchase price!

From what I gather an attempt at reballing, reflowing the cpu/ram might fix the issue, hopefully the local repair shops entertain my request and I get off easy.
As I have a lot of data on there, I can't even sell the phone off for scrap, so it'll be with me as a reminder to never look at another ASUS phone again. 

Shame on ASUS for treating their customers like this and selling flagships which don't last the time they should.

In the words of the ASUS rep at the service center, "the warranty period was one year, phones don't even last a year atleast yours lasted 2 years."

#RIPAsus #zenfone8

(attached picture of my phone during better days, the white color variant was a treat to the eyes)

2 REPLIES 2

Falcon_ASUS

@Viv30911 
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Please check the top right corner and kindly share the serial number and details requested in the PM inbox.
Thank you.

nasch007
Rising Star II

Another one bites the dust. They'll more than likely fix it for you. May even cover the cost. However, your data will not be saved.

Take pictures before sending it in and after receiving it back. I had issues.

Good luck. Maybe the Fairphone or Nothing Phone will not let us down??!