This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 12 Color Palette + Icon Colors?

off2fly115
Rising Star II
1. Just updated to android 12 this morning and everything is working smooth BUT, it appears I have no way to change the color palette like I should be able to for widgets 🤔 I've changed my wallpaper multiple times, restarted the device but the widgets stay a green color no matter what wallpaper I use. On top of that, the buttons for when you swipe down, are still BLUE!! I don't know if this is a bug, but the colors definitely don't seem to be working properly 🤔🤔 pics below.
2. Is there a way to get the icons to match the Android 12 Color Palette theme like the Android 12 on the Pixels?? I understand that the Zenfone 8 runs ZenUI and if Asus doesn't want to match the icons with the color theme like the Pixels, I understand 😔 I just thought it would look super nice like it does on the pixels.
Pic:
screenshot-20211230-111545253.jpg
screenshot-20211230-111552815.jpg
screenshot-20211230-111635111.jpg
screenshot-20211230-111856586.jpg
These screenshots were taken with all the same dark/red wallpaper in the back. As you can see, widgets are a green color and the swipe down buttons are all blue. This remains the same no matter what wallpaper I use. Lmk what you guys think! Thanks 🙂
7 REPLIES 7

brunodefilippo
Star II
I get the same color palette, something tells me that everyone does too... I read that Material You, the feature that let's Android create a color palette based on your wallpaper, isn't bundled with the open source version of Android 12 (i.e. it's only available on Pixels right now) so we will have to wait for next updates for this feature, or at least for Asus to let us pick the palette (this should be the bare minimum, that icy blue is really bad to see on most of the wallpapers)

off2fly115
Rising Star II
brunodefilippo

I get the same color palette, something tells me that everyone does too... I read that Material You, the feature that let's Android create a color palette based on your wallpaper, isn't bundled with the open source version of Android 12 (i.e. it's only available on Pixels right now) so we will have to wait for next updates for this feature, or at least for Asus to let us pick the palette (this should be the bare minimum, that icy blue is really bad to see on most of the wallpapers)

View post
My thoughts EXACTLY. What a shame 🥲 thanks for letting me know

Drakenabarion
Star II
Yes, why are the colour options so limited on these devices. It makes no sense, and the "options", which are of 8 different pastel colours are terrible. Who would have chosen those exact tones on purpose?

At least give the user a colour slider to choose their own tones like so many other competing manufacturers do.

off2fly115
Rising Star II
Drakenabarion

Yes, why are the colour options so limited on these devices. It makes no sense, and the "options", which are of 8 different pastel colours are terrible. Who would have chosen those exact tones on purpose?

At least give the user a colour slider to choose their own tones like so many other competing manufacturers do.

View post
EXACTLY. Man, I love the Zenfone 8 but it's a shame that we don't get all the features most other androids get 😓 especially the pixels.