This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 8 Flip - DISAPPOINTED ANDROID 13 UPGRADE - WIFI AND FLIP CAMERA DYSFUNCTIONAL

Ria_7
Star II

Good day ASUS,

I've tried all the methods to connect to the Wi-Fi and fix my camera, as well as downgrading my Zenfone 8 Flip back to Android 12 in accordance with the instructions given by customer service center via email. It is unsuccessful to rectify the damage. 

I had this issue right after the upgrade to Android 13 on February 13, 2023.

I've been a loyal Asus user, so it greatly disappoints me that Asus provided an Android 13 upgrade that led to such a system fault, permanently damaging my Wi-Fi connection and flip camera. This shouldn't have happened, especially because my phone is considerably new—not even two years old.

The Asus service center's cost of repair is too expensive to be taken into consideration, and the warranty has already expired. I believe it is not a wise choice and completely ridiculous when the damage is not the user's fault. Why should I spend money when the mistake is not on me?  

I'm completely frustrated until today there's no fix is released by Asus. It's high luckily this would be my last phone from ASUS. I'm not wasting my money on this brand anymore!

#Zenfone8Flip 
#Android13

14 REPLIES 14

ZT-f8a9bf81
Rising Star I

Same phone, same issue, same solution tried, same disappointment, same frustrations,

Goodbye ASUS

Aureliannn_ASUS

Hi @Ria_7 ,

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Please check the top right corner and kindly share the serial number and details requested in the PM inbox.

Thank you!

I have a similar issue.  The camera will not flip when I open the app.... but very regularly tries to open, unsuccessfully.  Is there a fix for this?

andreassundell
Star III

Wifi working for me but the camera flipping is very broken and video is laggy at times since the update.