Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 8 Flip Camera Module replacement

JCDude
Star I

Hey folks, 

Short Story:

Anyone know where I can source a Zenfone 8 Flip Camera module, the main camera on my flip is busted, a lot of the local phone repair shop here don't have supply for it. I saw one online from Cellrepair, but its OEM, not sure if it'll perform as good. (Anyone has experience with that site, feel free to share).

Long Story: 
Had my flip for about 1 and a half year now, had replaced the motherboard before while it was under warranty, now that its off warranty, I'll need to fork out money for repairs, which I'm ok with. Took it to the licensed service center, first off, NO ONE could tell me the cost of a camera replacement, and I have to pay an upfront RM50 (I'm in Malaysia) just to get it looked at?? I had to push the front office rep until they finally caved in, and look up the estimated price for a camera replacement. It sounded reasonable, so I was willing to pay the upfront fee. Couple days later, at 3AM, on a sunday, I received a bill from the service centre for two thirds the original price of the phone, with NO explanation as to the problem. I had to call in to ask what whats wrong with the phone, and why is it so expensive to fix the camera. I was told the issue was with the motherboard, not the camera. Fine. Took it to a reliable third party shop to get a second opinion. This shop has a good track record, after assessing the phone, the conclusion was the camera module after all, and not the motherboard, unfortunately, the guy couldnt fix it since he could get the part. Mother board parts are easily available, and if it was, the third party shop would have been able to fix it. wtf Asus. 

I love the products, but the service, at least here in Malaysia is absolute trash, and a scam.  My old phone was Zenfone 5z, which i love, but moving forward after my experience with Zenfone 8 Flip, its unlikely I'll buy Zenfones again. 

5 REPLIES 5

ZT-f8a9bf81
Rising Star I

What happened to the camera?

The main camera just doesn't work, when you open the camera app, it'll default to the telescopic camera, the option for wide angle and telescopic are all missing, if you tap to flip up the camera, it will switch to wide angle lens, and the camera does not flip up. 

Using third party apps, will either default to telescopic, or you'll see just a blank screen. 

Aureliannn_ASUS

Hi @JCDude ,

We  apologize for any inconvenience caused.

We have sent you a private message to ask for more specific details so that we can provide further assistance.

Please kindly check your private messages. Thank you.

Shamid
Star I

If you need to replace the camera module on your Zenfone 8 Flip, it is recommended that you take it to a professional repair service or an authorized ASUS service center. The camera module is a complex component that requires specialized tools and expertise to remove and replace.

If you are familiar with smartphone repair and would like to attempt the replacement yourself, you can find replacement camera modules online from third-party sellers. However, it is important to note that third-party parts may not be of the same quality as the original parts and may affect the performance and functionality of your device.

To replace the camera module on your Zenfone 8 Flip, follow these general steps:

Power off your device and remove the SIM tray.

Use a heat gun or hair dryer to heat up the back cover of the phone. This will soften the adhesive and make it easier to remove the cover.

Use a plastic pry tool to carefully remove the back cover.

Locate the camera module and disconnect the ribbon cable from the motherboard.

Use a screwdriver to remove the screws that hold the camera module in place.

Gently remove the camera module from the device.

Install the new camera module and reassemble the device in reverse order.

It is important to take care when replacing the camera module to avoid damagin.

Regards"2023 lottery sambad