This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 9 & android 12

Roystoys
Zen Master III
Will the ZenFone 9 come with android 12 or 11 ?
When can we expect the ZenFone 9?

10 REPLIES 10

martin_stavinoh
Rising Star II
I'm not sure if you understood me correctly so I'll give you an example
lets take ZF7, it shipped with A10 but A11 was released just month after that and because of that we had to wait and we all know how long and painfull journey it was...and now when we have kind of ok release of A11, we'll have to wait a long time for A12
the point is also that when OEM declares they'll provide 2 major OS version releases, you'll miss one if your device entered the market with the older Android version when the new one was already available (or was available very shortly after that)

slimghost
Rising Star I
martin.stavinoha87

I'm not sure if you understood me correctly so I'll give you an example

lets take ZF7, it shipped with A10 but A11 was released just month after that and because of that we had to wait and we all know how long and painfull journey it was...and now when we have kind of ok release of A11, we'll have to wait a long time for A12

the point is also that when OEM declares they'll provide 2 major OS version releases, you'll miss one if your device entered the market with the older Android version when the new one was already available (or was available very shortly after that)

View post
Name a list of devices on the last 2 years for example, launched with the Android version that usually and often it is officially launched with the Pixel smartphones, which mostly are launched in the autumn 🙂 Not only Asus it is in the same situation, but I have to admit that a few promised more than 2 upgrades. But also, important is how fast an OEM upgrade with the newest version. Asus definitely had and have their problems, but it is not quite the worst, even at the flagship level. Sure, ZenFone 7/7 Pro seems to be in the end of the platoon and this definitely creates frustrations.

martin_stavinoh
Rising Star II
slimghost

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/193546#Comment_193546

Name a list of devices on the last 2 years for example, launched with the Android version that usually and often it is officially launched with the Pixel smartphones, which mostly are launched in the autumn 🙂 Not only Asus it is in the same situation, but I have to admit that a few promised more than 2 upgrades. But also, important is how fast an OEM upgrade with the newest version. Asus definitely had and have their problems, but it is not quite the worst, even at the flagship level. Sure, ZenFone 7/7 Pro seems to be in the end of the platoon and this definitely creates frustrations.

View post
well I can just compare to OnePlus...I had OP6 which recently received A11, phone was released in May 2018 (Android 8.1) but is very similar to OP6T which was released in November 2018 (Android 9)
or another OnePlus phones, their mid cycle releases with T, OP7T and OP8T which were also released with the current Android version and I believe they'll get one extra major OS release in comparison with OP7 or OP8 and if not, OP will try to update older devices with the same Android version if HW differences weren't that different
I believe we end with Android 12 on ZF7 but if it had shipped with A11, there would be a higher chance to get A13 also

slimghost
Rising Star I
martin.stavinoha87

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/193596#Comment_193596

well I can just compare to OnePlus...I had OP6 which recently received A11, phone was released in May 2018 (Android 8.1) but is very similar to OP6T which was released in November 2018 (Android 9)

or another OnePlus phones, their mid cycle releases with T, OP7T and OP8T which were also released with the current Android version and I believe they'll get one extra major OS release in comparison with OP7 or OP8 and if not, OP will try to update older devices with the same Android version if HW differences weren't that different

I believe we end with Android 12 on ZF7 but if it had shipped with A11, there would be a higher chance to get A13 also

View post
Well, the "annual" launch of the pristine version of the Android OS usually it is in the autumn, if I am not wrong. And indeed, during the time were a few having launches in the autumn with the newest OS, but as I mentioned and you too also, some (very few) continued with more than 2 OS upgrades. Also, keeping all and everything up to date it is not always a thrill. My 5Z it is still kept under Android 9 , as an example. But it is in a different league compared with my 7 Pro. My second device it is a Samsung device, by the way - I like also their UI and customizations and the productivity

miguelsmatos
Star III
And why would you want to buy another Asus? I got a ZF7 and now can't make internet calls which are my main form of communication. Save yourself the hassle and get a device that has proper support to, at least, introduced bugs.