wirazo
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone 7 Pro
Firmware Version: WW-30.41.69.170
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hi,
I Rooted my Zefone 7 last year, I've been using it like this for some time, after I started having issues with banking apps, then 2 months ago I relocked the bootloader, and wiped all data in order to have a clean firmware install with the Android 11 version 30.41.69.170 (no root now). So yesterday, after browsing Asus website I read there was another firmware update, WW-30.41.69.174.
The strange thing here is that despite I relocked again the bootloader, there is no OTA update, do you know if ASUS is still blacklisting phones with unlocked/relocked bootloader?

Regards
6 REPLIES 6

mickey10021
Rising Star II
Once you unlocked bootloader, You will no longer receive OTA update. There is no going back and blacklist remain intact

wirazo
Star II
Thanks for your answer.

Roystoys
Zen Master III
You can still use whatever OS version you want, you just need to download it from the Asus download site and uploaded / update it yourself

wirazo
Star II
Thanks, I have just upgraded to Android 12, however, I lost some features, let's hope for a new update to solve this bugs.