Maxsterling
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone 7
Firmware Version: Android 12
Rooted or not: Not
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Built-In casting App
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hi, just wanted to know if this is normal for Android 12 users of Zenfone 7. Android 11 screen mirroring worked perfectly now it just doesn't connect. I can see the chromecast but when i try to connect it just says connecting...
Any advice? Thanks
3 REPLIES 3

tekno85
Star I
I have this problem too. I try to connect to different TV sets and every time comes to "connecting" and that's it. I was looking for a solution, nothing helps.

Maxsterling
Star II
I actually got it to work using the tips here www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4Xt0AdW7UI
Essentially in GoogleTV chromecast you need to go to Settings>System>Cast and choose the "Always" option and NOT "While casting". Might need to restart of the chromecast for the changes to take effect.
Seems Android 12 has made the screen mirroring a bit finicky but glad to see the workaroud.
Hope this helps others as well.
Cheers

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.