This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VoLTE and VoWIFI in Germany

ZT-7cfc2872
Star I
Asus' handling of the topic VoLTE and VoWIFI is simply disappointing. I bought an Asus Zenfone 7 Pro which wasn't exactly cheap and has the claim to be in the upper class. After more than 2 months there is still no provider supported in Germany, also VoWIFI is not in sight. Support requests are answered evasively.
This is particularly disappointing, since it is a simple software problem. Considerably cheaper models of the competition can do both out of the box.

If the problem is not solved in the coming weeks, e.g. with the update to Android 11, I will sell the 7Pro again.
5 REPLIES 5

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
ralf@ralfpeters-online.de

Asus' handling of the topic VoLTE and VoWIFI is simply disappointing. I bought an Asus Zenfone 7 Pro which wasn't exactly cheap and has the claim to be in the upper class. After more than 2 months there is still no provider supported in Germany, also VoWIFI is not in sight. Support requests are answered evasively.

This is particularly disappointing, since it is a simple software problem. Considerably cheaper models of the competition can do both out of the box.

If the problem is not solved in the coming weeks, e.g. with the update to Android 11, I will sell the 7Pro again.

VoLTE and VoWIFI in Germany
I understand your feeling but it's not a simple "snap you fingers to make it go away" kind of problem. I've explained this multiple times in several threads. The price of a phone has very little to do with what support it has with the carriers. It's all about volume and the relationship between the carrier and the manufacturer.
If we sell a huge volume of every phone model in every country, then carriers will ask us how they can help to implement VoLTE and VoWIFI. But in our case, we're the ones who need to ask and the process takes much longer when it's only one side pushing.
I know this is not the customers problem but I want to explain it anyway to make you understand why things are the way they are. It has nothing to do with us being lazy or anything.
I don't have detailed information about our progress for VoLTE in most countries. If you need the most recent information, then I suggest you to get in touch with your local office and ask them.
Thanks!

littlestitch18
Star II
Anders_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/41278/volte-and-vowifi-in-germany

I understand your feeling but it's not a simple "snap you fingers to make it go away" kind of problem. I've explained this multiple times in several threads. The price of a phone has very little to do with what support it has with the carriers. It's all about volume and the relationship between the carrier and the manufacturer.

If we sell a huge volume of every phone model in every country, then carriers will ask us how they can help to implement VoLTE and VoWIFI. But in our case, we're the ones who need to ask and the process takes much longer when it's only one side pushing.

I know this is not the customers problem but I want to explain it anyway to make you understand why things are the way they are. It has nothing to do with us being lazy or anything.

I don't have detailed information about our progress for VoLTE in most countries. If you need the most recent information, then I suggest you to get in touch with your local office and ask them.

Thanks!

View post
On Xiaomi phones you can use a code to enable VOLTE for almost all countrys and carriers. It´s called "disable carrier check". Maybe you can program something like this, too.

ZT-7cfc2872
Star I
Anders_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/41278/volte-and-vowifi-in-germany

Thanks!

View post
Dear Anders,
Thank you very much for your quick response. Unfortunately this does not help the customer in any way. What if ASUS carries out the coordination process with the service providers before the devices are launched? If this is not done, why does it take so long to find a solution? Two months after launch is, in my opinion, a sufficient time period, but instead, the customer cannot even be told if and when VoLTE and VoWIFI will be introduced.
As a customer, I simply feel left alone with this legitimate concern. A statement such as "We are working at full speed on the problem and will present a solution in the foreseeable future" would already satisfy me.

Thank you again for your reaction, stay healthy.

superniiice
Star III
ralf@ralfpeters-online.de

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/138057#Comment_138057

Dear Anders,

Thank you very much for your quick response. Unfortunately this does not help the customer in any way. What if ASUS carries out the coordination process with the service providers before the devices are launched? If this is not done, why does it take so long to find a solution? Two months after launch is, in my opinion, a sufficient time period, but instead, the customer cannot even be told if and when VoLTE and VoWIFI will be introduced.

As a customer, I simply feel left alone with this legitimate concern. A statement such as "We are working at full speed on the problem and will present a solution in the foreseeable future" would already satisfy me.

Thank you again for your reaction, stay healthy.

View post
Dear Ralf,
as German I have been a highly satisfied Zenfone 6 customer since the month it was released for online sale in June 2019
Yes, I do agree that not all services and fixes don't run as expected sometimes. But my true and honest observation is, that the team of Asus respectively Anders is trying everything possible to tame and satisfy their truly impatient customers. They work very hard and determined to fix any known issues.
I have been lucky since my Zenfone 6 has been running rather stable and smooth since day 1 without any MAJOR flaws and interruptions compared to any other customers particularly from India.
Having said that I would like to stress and emphasize on Asus' standing and position in the mobile market - as a niche product and a hidden champion. I truly appreciate their efforts and recent output as an outstanding and valuable Taiwanese alternative to any other mobile producers / brands from China or Korea. As such, they are unable to provide the same quick response and reaction like any major players of the likes of Samsung, Huawei, etc.. They simply don't have the same resources and manpower. None withstanding I do prefer the Asus brand for its originality and pioneering instinct.
As such I truly hope that your issues will be resolved soon for an abundance of joy with your Z7!!!
Best wishes and regards from Wuerzburg
Superniiice