This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The network usage display in the status bar randomly stops working and shows a dot

edddd
Rising Star I
Model Name: Zenfone 7 Pro
Firmware Version: WW_30.41.69.89
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: Always roughly 1-4 Weeks after every phone restart or Wifi toggle
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
========================================
This issue has been present ever since I enabled the current network usage / speed display in the status bar. At some point in time it stops working for Wifi and only shows a dot. To get it working I have to either disable & enable Wifi or restart the phone.
If the Wifi gets out of range or is disabled, it starts working. As soon as I get into Wifi, it stops working. Only tested on home Wifi so far.
6 REPLIES 6

edddd
Rising Star I
I restarted the phone today and the usage still shows a dot, unless I pull down the quick access menu from the top. Then it shows the current network speed but only as long as the menu is pulled down. Is this a feature? It is quite confusing in my opinion. If I enable the network speed, then it should just display it all the time... Interestingly, I remember it working all the time before last update. Any ideas?

martin_stavinoh
Rising Star II
wasn't it because your status bar was "full"?? try to get rid of one or two symbols at the time when that happens to see if the network speed is back or not (disable alarm, turn off BT etc)

edddd
Rising Star I
martin.stavinoha87

wasn't it because your status bar was "full"?? try to get rid of one or two symbols at the time when that happens to see if the network speed is back or not (disable alarm, turn off BT etc)

View post
There is tons of space there. Even then, why is it displayed when there's even less space when pulling the status bar down?

edddd
Rising Star I
Yesterday it started working again out of the blue. So, no, the status bar has plenty of space. All that changed is that I went on a road trip the day before and was turning the hotspot on and off multiple times I guess. I did not notice the phone restarting (it would require a PIN if it did).