ad_25
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: zenfone7pro
Firmware Version: android 10
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Why when i take a selfie in any social media app the quality so low are there any solution.
23 REPLIES 23

CVonC
Rising Star II

lf.asus.z7p

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/134501#Comment_134501

Yes, i said that.

Try by yourself, you will see that at a same distance and same aspect ratio (16:9 like instagram or snapchat) that the field of view is larger with third party selfie than main cam selfie.

View post
Okay it's just ever so slightly larger but it's still digitally zoomed in from the standard 0.6x of the wide angle. It's certainly closer to 1x of the main cam than the 0.6x end that the wide angle starts at.
Anyway, we're both on the same page that Asus should give the user the option. I really hope they listen, if they're even reading this at all now.

lf_asus_z7p
Star III
As much as you I really hope they will do something. This device could be very good with minor improvements here and there. For now it's a disappointment.

CVonC
Rising Star II
DId the Zenfone 6 have the same issue?

aLc
Rising Star II
@Anders_ASUS Are you gonna reply or just play ignorant/dumb?

lf_asus_z7p
Star III
I think he's not playing ignorant. I think Asus told him to give us that answer. There can't be only this overheating sensor reason. Even if it could be a real thing, it is so somple to display an alert message to the user that the sensor is overheating...
Conclusion : Give us the choice to use main or ultra wide sensor. Or third solution : optimize the rendition of the selfie camera with ultra wide sensor.