ad_25
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: zenfone7pro
Firmware Version: android 10
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Why when i take a selfie in any social media app the quality so low are there any solution.
23 REPLIES 23

Tagion
Rising Star II
Anders_ASUS

We use the wide view camera in selfie mode in order to prevent too much build up of heat. The main sensor gets too hot if it's used for video calls. This is just the way it is and there's no way around it.

View post
Is there no way to just use the wide angle for video mode and the main lens for photos? Not everyone does video calls frequently.
Doesn't the main lens get hot when recording 4k60fps videos?

morenomiguel198
Rising Star I
Anders_ASUS

We use the wide view camera in selfie mode in order to prevent too much build up of heat. The main sensor gets too hot if it's used for video calls. This is just the way it is and there's no way around it.

View post
So why can we use the main camera in video calls and use the flip camera tool to make it flip like if it was in selfie mode ?
Why can we use the main camera in video calls or streams not in selfie mode ? (I mean, to film in front of you)
Why can we use the main camera to film in 4K60 or 8K30 ? Doesn't this produce heat too ?
The heat issue does not look like a problem in those cases somehow...
Just leave the control to the user as a global setting with a warning, and let us use our phones like we want to, not everyone does video calls, so why force us to have mediocre photos because of video calls ?

lf_asus_z7p
Star III
@morenomiguel1986 you are right. The choices Asus made are ambiguous. Moreover when you limit user choices you optimize at the maximum ( Apple is the best case ). Asus limits and does not optimize. Sad

lf_asus_z7p
Star III
I did some tests with GCam video record mode. I recorded 2 videos in selfie mode : one with the asus default setting, the ultra wide sensor was used and the second with the main sensor.
Both was about 15mins long. And what i've to say is :
- Quality of ulra wide sensor video is bad : exposure and contrast is weird, and noise reduction is to high.
-Quality of the main sensor video was better in all aspects.
-There was no noticeable difference between the 2 records in temperature of the camera module.
-The main and maybe only reason i guess Asus did his choice is to have a large field of view in selfie camera mode.

I think Asus should add a setting to choose the sensor used in third party apps. I don't know how hard it is to add this sort of setting because it's maybe related to the kernel, but i think everything is possible if you try to do it.

aLc
Rising Star II
@Anders_ASUS Are you gonna answer the questions here?