Rising Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone 7 Pro
Firmware Version: 30.41.69.66
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: Nearly all the time
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
========================================
The display mode "pick up to view notifications" is too flaky. 2 out of 3 pick ups the display does not turn on. I have to shake the phone again and again until it comes on. I also have the feeling that the latest update made it even worse, from 1 out of 2 to 2 out of 3 not reacting to being picked up, but I'm not sure.
This is annoying. The phone should just turn the screen on whenever it is moved as long as the proximity sensor is not covered like on the old Motorola G7 Power I have here.
This is definitely not a hardware defect, because I tried 4 different Zenfone 7 Pros and they all acted very flaky.
There seems to be some sort of extra "pick up logic", which is unnecessary. It seems to only register picking up straight physical portrait orientation, but I expect it to simply turn on every time it is moved instead...
5 REPLIES 5

edddd
Rising Star I
I paid more attention to this and it seems that taking the phone out of the pocket works nearly always. Picking the phone up from the table it needs more shaking quite often.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
edddd

I paid more attention to this and it seems that taking the phone out of the pocket works nearly always. Picking the phone up from the table it needs more shaking quite often.

View post
It's very important how you pick it up. Speed and angle. If you try it a couple of times, you will notice what works and what doesn't. I can make it work 100% and fail 100% depending on how I lift it up

Roystoys
Zen Master III
That's odd if anything I think it's to sensetive all I have to do is move my phone a little and the screen wakes up.
Try as I might I can't get it to not work regardless of how I move/ pickup the phone be it fast or slow

edddd
Rising Star I
Anders_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/171756#Comment_171756

It's very important how you pick it up. Speed and angle. If you try it a couple of times, you will notice what works and what doesn't. I can make it work 100% and fail 100% depending on how I lift it up

View post
No, it does not seem to work as I expect it. Now that I bought new pants it works even less with these pants due to pocket orientation. Limitations regarding angles and such don't work for me. Could you please let me know what pants the product engineer is wearing?