This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lots of stuttering when taking 4K60FPS videos (Android 12)

edddd
Rising Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone 7 Pro
Firmware Version: WW_31.0210.0210.277
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: Always on the first few Video recordings in a row after unlock
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Camera
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Basically, more and more stuttering keeps occuring when taking 4K60FPS videos after upgrading to more recent Androids. Since upgrading to Android 12 4K60FPS videos are now recorded extremely stuttery in the first few minutes. The stuttering is the worst I have seen so far. It was OK on Android 10, got a bit worse on 11, now on 12 the videos keep stuttering up to a few minutes of initial recording. After a while and a few videos it settles down, but this is a major downgrade and pain watching the videos. It happens every time I unlock the phone and start recording after the phone was sitting even for a little bit.
Extra Stabilization is on because I need (I bought the phone purely because it supported it on 4K60FPS at the time).
I use main sensor almost always. I also don't care if it's an Android thing. Switch to another OS if it helps you.
Btw, when I reported a similar problem in Pro Video mode while I was on Android 11, support told me that I should use plain Video mode for this. Now the plain Video mode is also barely usable.
2 REPLIES 2

slimghost
Rising Star I
As a mod or an admin didn't responded here from such a long time ago, I'll better suggest you to tag for example @Laura_ASUS , she is responding often in the... Chinese version of the forum. Set you browser to use Google Translate and actually a better suggestion could be to translate your questions/requests/posts and post them there 🙂 :
ZenFone 7系列

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.