This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Icons and battery life

Roystoys
Zen Master III
This is probably a dumb question but that never stopped me asking before. Does having heaps of icons on the home screens use more battery like widgets do ?
6 REPLIES 6

topolov
Rising Star II
It's not a dumb to ask questions 😊
If these are not widgets, not active applications - no, they are not draining battery.
I am not sure how it affects battery if you have a lot of screens, I mean, if you didn't sort all your apps into folders on one-two screens and have something like six screens. It should consume a little bit more RAM, but I think it's not significant at all.

Roystoys
Zen Master III
topolov

It's not a dumb to ask questions 😊

If these are not widgets, not active applications - no, they are not draining battery.

I am not sure how it affects battery if you have a lot of screens, I mean, if you didn't sort all your apps into folders on one-two screens and have something like six screens. It should consume a little bit more RAM, but I think it's not significant at all.

View post
Ok something is eating my battery lately,I mean it really sucks lately like the last week or so I don't know why

martin_stavinoh
Rising Star II
Roystoys

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/204539#Comment_204539

Ok something is eating my battery lately,I mean it really sucks lately like the last week or so I don't know why

View post
install Better battery stats app, it used to be free to DL from XDA if you were a member and it is really good at showing you what was eating your battery - you have to give it some more permissions via ADB though

Roystoys
Zen Master III
martin.stavinoha87

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/204549#Comment_204549

install Better battery stats app, it used to be free to DL from XDA if you were a member and it is really good at showing you what was eating your battery - you have to give it some more permissions via ADB though

View post
Ok cool thanks I'll try it. I put a second Sim card in it about 3 weeks ago and I have been using the 5 G radio as well so I'm going to turn them off for today and see if they are the culprits . I'm pretty sure that for the first week or so with the second Sim and the 5 G radio the battery wasn't so bad but I am going to see how it goes today.
One thing that I have noticed lately is when charging it ,it used to keep charging when it hits 100% according to accubattery, but now it doesn't so maybe I was over charging it before. Now I keep a close eye on it when charging and take it off when it hits 100% regardless