Hyper Steady mode breaks Professional video

topolov
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone 7 Pro
Firmware Version: WW_30.41.69.143
Rooted or not: no
Frequency of Occurrence: each time
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Asus Camera 7.6.24.0_211116M
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
If I open professional video mode and then press HyperSteady, then image crashes into mess of pixels.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2tHVtoxHYU

8 REPLIES 8

slimghost
Rising Star I
I am not saying that couldn't be an issue for you, but the device it is not quite a good performer in low light conditions for a video capture, so therefore I doubt that will be fine and grain/noise free in steady mode. In an urban environment, with enough street lights in the night, normally is fine or acceptable - but the steady mode have a different implemention afaik (different crop within EIS, frame rate and so on) , so I am not quite surprised. Ahmmm... don't expect to have to soon an answer from an Asus moderator or admin - they are gone in secret, unknown, limited hunting fields and there is a looooong long way back to get back here. Cheers

topolov
Rising Star II
slimghost

I am not saying that couldn't be an issue for you, but the device it is not quite a good performer in low light conditions for a video capture, so therefore I doubt that will be fine and grain/noise free in steady mode. In an urban environment, with enough street lights in the night, normally is fine or acceptable - but the steady mode have a different implemention afaik (different crop within EIS, frame rate and so on) , so I am not quite surprised. Ahmmm... don't expect to have to soon an answer from an Asus moderator or admin - they are gone in secret, unknown, limited hunting fields and there is a looooong long way back to get back here. Cheers

View post
But hypersteady works (almost) perfectly in regular video mode and breaks just in professional video mode. It's definitely software issue.
Video captured on balcony so it's not "low light conditions" at all.
I know that mods won't notice that so I opened a ticket for local support at the same time.
I opened this topic to see if someone else have the same issue.
If hypersteady is not supposed to work with pro video - no problem, asus should just remove the icon from pro video.

manuel_fischer
Star II
topolov

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Zenfone 7 Pro
  2. Firmware Version: WW_30.41.69.143
  3. Rooted or not: no
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: each time
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Asus Camera 7.6.24.0_211116M

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

If I open professional video mode and then press HyperSteady, then image crashes into mess of pixels.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2tHVtoxHYU

screenshot-20220117-134341217.png

Hyper Steady mode breaks Professional video
My Zenfone 7 Pro is on firmware 30.41.69.143 and "PRO VIDEO" with HyperSteady On works without any problems. I can switch between On and Off and it works as advertised.

topolov
Rising Star II
manuel.fischer

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/57264/hyper-steady-mode-breaks-professional-video

My Zenfone 7 Pro is on firmware 30.41.69.143 and "PRO VIDEO" with HyperSteady On works without any problems. I can switch between On and Off and it works as advertised.

View post
Thank you for feedback
☹️