Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: zenfone 7 Pro
Firmware Version: Android 11
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: Every time i use Waze, Maps, etc
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
========================================
Hi guys,
So, i use daily the navigation, and every time, the GPS randomly stops working, than it comes back, than it stops again and so on...
Does anyone have the same issue?
21 REPLIES 21

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@morenomiguel1986 Closed due to inactivity.
Some troubleshooting questions and steps you can take:
Make sure that Google Maps / Waze has location permissions set to 'Allow all the time'.
Make sure Google Location Accuracy is enabled. (Settings -> Location)
Clear cache files system-wide. (Settings -> Advanced -> Mobile manager -> Cleanup)
Clear the cache of the LocationServices system app.
Make sure both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth scanning is enabled in Location settings.
If none of the steps above improve GPS performance and you haven't performed a factory reset, please do so.
If nothing works I will send you instructions on how to log your device and we'll take a closer look at what's happening.

morenomiguel198
Rising Star I
Gustav_ASUS

@morenomiguel1986 Closed due to inactivity.

Some troubleshooting questions and steps you can take:

• Make sure that Google Maps / Waze has location permissions set to 'Allow all the time'.
  • Make sure Google Location Accuracy is enabled. (Settings -> Location)
  • Clear cache files system-wide. (Settings -> Advanced -> Mobile manager -> Cleanup)
  • Clear the cache of the LocationServices system app.
  • Make sure both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth scanning is enabled in Location settings.
  • If none of the steps above improve GPS performance and you haven't performed a factory reset, please do so.

If nothing works I will send you instructions on how to log your device and we'll take a closer look at what's happening.

View post
I did all that, I'll see how it goes later today when going back home.
Note : Google Location Accuracy and Wi-Fi/BT scanning were enabled, Google Maps and Pokémon Go had location permission to "Allow all the time". LocationServices did not have cache to clear (already cleared ?)
Yesterday my phone logged about 10 Km done walking according to Google Maps' timeline... (I usually do less than 6 Km). My trip from home to work is 1.4 Km long, I do it 4 times a day, so about 5.6 Km, but yesterday it recorded one of 1.3 Km (going through buildings ?!), two of 1.9 Km with some random back and forth, and one huge of 4.6 Km with tons of back and forth everywhere, like if it did have a very bad GPS signal. It was a clear sunny day.
The worst thing is that this happens randomly, using my phone or not.
The issue is not Maps nor Pokémon Go, even using any other GPS app show issues when this happens.
I won't reset my phone, I'd prefer starting from scratch with another phone (and brand) than having to reset my phone each time Asus can't resolve their issues.

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@morenomiguel1986 Thanks. I'll send you the instructions on how to generate a device log. Check your Zentalk inbox.

morenomiguel198
Rising Star I
Gustav_ASUS

@morenomiguel1986 Thanks. I'll send you the instructions on how to generate a device log. Check your Zentalk inbox.

View post
I sent a log and video as I had GPS issues going back home tonight, hope this helps.

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@morenomiguel1986 @Synoxia @kr0mka
We're aiming to improve GPS performance with the next FOTA. Please get back to me with your feedback once you've had a chance to try it out.