This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between ZenFone7 and ZenFone6 (for US phones)

strange_steve
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ZenFone6 : USA (ATT & Tmobile Dual sim)
Firmware Version: stock : android 11
Rooted or not: (not yet)

So every time i make a call on my ATT GSM 4G sim in my supposedly 4G ZenFone6 i get a notice that 3G service will be discontinued in my area.
I stopped by an ATT today to see if it may just be an older sim card and they said it was the phone - and that my ZenFone 6 was or 3G. I said no its a 4G phone and they looked it up and said the system was showing it as a 2G device ?!? So class action lawsuit aside - whats going on with the zenFone 6 ? Is there a way to tell if its 2G, 3G or 4G.... ?

the att folks said the phone was no good - so whats the deal is ATT lying ? Or did asus market the ZF6 as a 4G phone when it was not? I would like to get a 5G dual sim + SD car phone and was looking at ZF7 but not putting any $ down until i get to the bottom of wtf is going on with my ZF6 and or my crappy carrier (ATT).

I would also like to know if i can use my ZF6 case on the ZF7....

4 REPLIES 4

Roystoys
Zen Master III
strange_steve

1. Model Name: ZenFone6 : USA (ATT & Tmobile Dual sim)
  2. Firmware Version: stock : android 11
  3. Rooted or not: (not yet)

So every time i make a call on my ATT GSM 4G sim in my supposedly 4G ZenFone6 i get a notice that 3G service will be discontinued in my area.

I stopped by an ATT today to see if it may just be an older sim card and they said it was the phone - and that my ZenFone 6 was or 3G. I said no its a 4G phone and they looked it up and said the system was showing it as a 2G device ?!? So class action lawsuit aside - whats going on with the zenFone 6 ? Is there a way to tell if its 2G, 3G or 4G.... ?

the att folks said the phone was no good - so whats the deal is ATT lying ? Or did asus market the ZF6 as a 4G phone when it was not? I would like to get a 5G dual sim + SD car phone and was looking at ZF7 but not putting any $ down until i get to the bottom of wtf is going on with my ZF6 and or my crappy carrier (ATT).

Sorry I think I misunderstood you

Roystoys
Zen Master III
On another note, I would think about selling your ZenFone 6 they are not easy to purchase these days.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
strange_steve

1. Model Name: ZenFone6 : USA (ATT & Tmobile Dual sim)
  2. Firmware Version: stock : android 11
  3. Rooted or not: (not yet)

If you want 4G VoLTE support today, switch to T-Mobile

fear_dot_com_20
Rising Star II
Maybe @Anders_ASUS you could be more specific... Let me try to explain. 4g does not offer voice over network without VOLTE ( which is a standard to offer voice capability over 4g networks). So if your phone does not support VOLTE for AT&T it means that during phone calls it will switch automatically to 3g networks (which supports voice over network by default). The problem is in both sides, once because Asus does not support volte in all networks...and once because 3g networks become outdated and should be replaced...in your case you get the warning because you don't have volte and 3g will disappear soon. So either ask Asus for Volte support or look for a phone which supports volte for your provider. Once 3g will be out, you won't be able to make voice calls without Volte.
I hope I answered your questions as clearly as possible.