This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8k/4k 24fps/25fps? 4k 120fps manual control?

devin_nunns
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone 7
Firmware Version:WW_30.41.69.51
Rooted or not: Not
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Camera App
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Good day.
Could you PLEASE add 24p and 25p to the 8k and 4k movie mode in the camera app? As I'm sure you are aware 24p is the industry standard for cinema. Adding the option to film in 24fps or 25fps would help make the footage captured by the camera look alot more cinematic.
Could you also PLEASE add manual controls to the slow motion movie mode. I need to be able to set my shutter speed and ISO levels manually. As it stands the slow motion mode gives you very little control. PLEASE add more manual controls or add 4k/120fps option in the Pro Video Mode as it already has the manual controls enabled there.
Thank you so much.
I sincerely hope you will consider adding the features that i have mentioned.
2 REPLIES 2

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
devin.nunns

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Zenfone 7
  2. Firmware Version:WW_30.41.69.51
  3. Rooted or not: Not
  4. Frequency of Occurrence:
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Camera App

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

Good day.

Could you PLEASE add 24p and 25p to the 8k and 4k movie mode in the camera app? As I'm sure you are aware 24p is the industry standard for cinema. Adding the option to film in 24fps or 25fps would help make the footage captured by the camera look alot more cinematic.

Could you also PLEASE add manual controls to the slow motion movie mode. I need to be able to set my shutter speed and ISO levels manually. As it stands the slow motion mode gives you very little control. PLEASE add more manual controls or add 4k/120fps option in the Pro Video Mode as it already has the manual controls enabled there.

Thank you so much.

I sincerely hope you will consider adding the features that i have mentioned.

8k/4k 24fps/25fps? 4k 120fps manual control?
I can add you suggestion regarding 24fps but the other are not possible because of technical limitations.
The reason why 4K 120fps is not available in Pro mode and why you're not allowed to adjust shutter speed or ISO in slow-mo mode is because the camera requires a lot of light to capture slow-motion. The higher the resolution and the higher the framerate is the more light is needed. So ISO and shutter speed needs to be controlled by the camera to ensure it has enough light.

devin_nunns
Star I
Thank you so much for replying. I really appreciate it that you went to the effort and took the time to reply.

I would just like to say that I love my Zenfone 7. I live in South Africa and Asus phones are not aold here so I especially imported it cause I desparately wanted it. However I had no Idea that 120fps mode did not have manual controls and I also did not know that there was no 24fps in 8k. I watched all the reviews on YouTube before I ordered it and I read all the written reviews online. I tried downloading the the manual online but nowhere did it give the exact details of all the settings of the camera app and no one mentioned it's limitations in any of the reviews. I decided to take a chance and imported the phone without knowing. I was so disappointed when I received the phone and saw that these features were missing.
So yes, please submit the request for 24fps in 8k and 4k mode (I see the new zenfone 8 has 24p in 8k mode but the new zenfone 8 flip does not. Why don't you give all the available options so we can choose)

I understand what you mean about the slowmo needing more light. And I know that the average user just wants it to work and they dont want to have to go change settings but I really wish that there was an auto setting and a manual setting. I like to be in control of my ISO because it very quickly adds alot of noise to the footage. Therefore I try to keep it as low as possible. At least give the user the option of choosing auto or manual please.

I recently purchased an app called MCPRO24FPS and even though it doesnt officially support it I am able to manually set the ISO and shutterspeed for the 120fps in 4k mode. Unfortunately after about 15 to 20 seconds it starts dropping frames. But I am really glad that they were still willing to add the option even though it is unstable.

The creators of MCPRO24FPS say that they can only work with what the phone manufacturer has given them access to so sometimes they are unable to do basic things like 25fps simply because the manufacturer has not given third party app creators access to those features.

So I beg you. If ASUS can't officially add manual controls to 120fps mode could they at least make it so that 3rd party app creators can do it? Please don't lock out app creators from being able to add the features that the consumers want. Please can you talk with all the app creators like MCPRO24FPS and give them access to everything they need to improve their apps and make it more compatible with Zenfones. Work with them so that their apps can give better manual control and so that the user experience of asus phones can be improved.

I thank you once again that you replied. And I look forward to your feedback.

Regards,
Devin Nunns.