migi349
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone 6
Firmware Version: 18.0610.2106.156
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence: on each suspend and sometimes right after booting
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hi everyone,
Today my Zenfone 6 started randomly rebooting. When I use it and the screen is on it is OK, but when I do not use it for just a couple of minutes it reboots. Sometimes it reboots several times in a row before it displays SIM PIN screen. It seems to me that suspending, or waking from suspension causes some kernel panic.
I have read that this reboot loop is not that uncommon and wanted to know, if this is a known issue and if there are any workarounds.
I was able to connect to the phone using adb and gathered some logs. I see that all reboots are accompanied by the following (edited) stack trace. Does that hint of a problem with the camera?
--------- beginning of crash
Fatal signal 6 (SIGABRT), code -1 (SI_QUEUE) in tid 607 (init), pid 607 (init)
android.hardwar >>> /vendor/bin/hw/android.hardware.camera.provider@2.4-service_64 <<<
signal 6 (SIGABRT), code -6 (SI_TKILL), fault addr --------
/apex/com.android.runtime/lib64/bionic/libc.so (tgkill+8)
/vendor/lib64/hw/camera.qcom.so (CamX::HwEnvironment::GetInstance()+5396)
/vendor/bin/hw/android.hardware.camera.provider@2.4-service_64 (main+200)
/apex/com.android.runtime/lib64/bionic/libc.so (__libc_init+108)
Fatal signal 6 (SIGABRT), code -1 (SI_QUEUE) in tid 3364 (init), pid 3364 (init)

Does anyone know if there is a better place to ask this question than this forum?
0 REPLIES 0