This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 6 Power and volume menu alignment mismatch.

djcsweet16
Star III
I've updated my zenfone 6 to android 10 a couple of days back. I've noticed that while pressing volume buttons, the sliders appear near the power button and while pressing and holding the power button, the power menu appears near volume buttons. It's just a design flaw. But it's definitely wierd. Hope to see a fix in upcoming update.
11 REPLIES 11

djcsweet16
Star III
LP_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/28828#Comment_28828

Wouldn't that be the use case where the two menus overlapping would cause a conflict?

@Kroy I'll forward that suggestion to the team.

View post
Even if that's the case, a conflict is still a conflict. Right?

djcsweet16
Star III
Kroy

Hmm, I'll just settle for the on-screen volume slider being bigger so I can be more accurate when setting the volume - it's a bit small for my fingers (that aren't chunky before you ask!!).

#Please

View post
You are right.

_jis_
Zen Master III
LP_ASUS

What is the use case where you need to adjust volume and restart the phone in the same 5 second period?

View post
That's not the core of the problem, it is not about overlapping these two Volume and Power menus, it is about their vertical position.
When you press volume buttons, the Volume menu appears near the power button (lower than it should be).
When you long press power button, the Power menu appears near volume buttons (higher than it should be).
I myself have no problem with the current position of the Volume menu despite 1), but the Power menu could be shown a little bit lower, just as high as the Volume menu for easy access with your thumb which is already pressing the power button.

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
_jis_

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/28827#Comment_28827

That's not the core of the problem, it is not about overlapping these two Volume and Power menus, it is about their vertical position.

1. When you press volume buttons, the Volume menu appears near the power button (lower than it should be).
  2. When you long press power button, the Power menu appears near volume buttons (higher than it should be).

I myself have no problem with the current position of the Volume menu despite 1), but the Power menu could be shown a little bit lower, just as high as the Volume menu for easy access with your thumb which is already pressing the power button.

View post
I see your point. I can forward this and maybe get some clarity on why the relative heights are reversed. I hadn't considered that.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
This is by design and nothing is wrong
Volume settings are in level to give easy access without any need to change your grip
Power buttons are in level to make it harder to press power off or restart by mistake