This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 6 Battery Life went down after update to Android 10...

Judan
Star II
Has anyone else noticed this......
The battery that used to last me for two whole days on my everyday tasks is now discharging very quickly as fast as a single day and that too even when I am not doing too many tasks.
It seems after the update the battery life has gone down.
If anyone else has experienced the same problem please reply and If anyone knows the solution then help..
32 REPLIES 32

_jis_
Zen Master III
I didn't test the battery capacity after the update, I just use my phone the same day after day and after updating to Android 10, AccuBattery shows me approx. the same battery statistics as with the previous version of Android but shows me a greater percentage of deep sleep at night which is better. Hence my feeling that battery isn't any worse than previously.
Screen on 12h 43m
Screen off 120h 52m
Combined use 56h 39h

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Judan

Has anyone else noticed this......

The battery that used to last me for two whole days on my everyday tasks is now discharging very quickly as fast as a single day and that too even when I am not doing too many tasks.

It seems after the update the battery life has gone down.

If anyone else has experienced the same problem please reply and If anyone knows the solution then help..

Zenfone 6 Battery Life went down after update to Android 10...
I'm not going to say that you're wrong. But... so far, I've read this kind of post every week with and with every single update we've released. I none of these cases (except when we activated the double knock to retract the camera feature) have we made any changes that should/could have negative impact on the battery.
In fact, I want to remember that basically every user who has brought this up, has later found that it was an app that they installed during the same time or that they fixed their issue with a factory reset. You can always find someone else who thinks their battery life has gone down too. If this was really the case, then you would see not two or three others that agree but page after page with angry users.
So... before we jump to the conclusion that Android Q have had a negative impact on your battery, let's try to see if we have an app that could be the cause of this. The first test is to leave your phone in flight mode overnight without charging the phone. If you lose more than a couple of percent (3-6% is ok), then there might be something wrong. If you don't lose more, then continue to test #2
Go to system settings -> battery -> PowerMaster -> Auto-start manager. Here you need to remove the permission to auto restart for apps you don't fully trust. Especially those you have installed recently. When you have done this, kill all apps.
If your battery life i still not better, then I'm sorry but you will need to start from scratch with a factory restart.
If the factory restart doesn't help, then we need to log your phone to find out why it drops battery life much faster.

GFX
Rising Star I
In my case I have an improved battery life after Android 10, lasting 2 days with 2 sim cards and 4G, so I agree with Anders, not everyone has the same issue with Android 10.

mosimchah
Rising Star I
I had worse battery life and performance after the update until I did a factory data reset, then it was all back to normal, in my experience it's always best to do a factory data reset after a major update (pie to Android 10), personally I think it should probably be recommended in the changelog for the update in order to get the best experience

sivamani242
Rising Star I
Anders_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/12830/zenfone-6-battery-life-went-down-after-update-to-androi...

I'm not going to say that you're wrong. But... so far, I've read this kind of post every week with and with every single update we've released. I none of these cases (except when we activated the double knock to retract the camera feature) have we made any changes that should/could have negative impact on the battery.

In fact, I want to remember that basically every user who has brought this up, has later found that it was an app that they installed during the same time or that they fixed their issue with a factory reset. You can always find someone else who thinks their battery life has gone down too. If this was really the case, then you would see not two or three others that agree but page after page with angry users.

So... before we jump to the conclusion that Android Q have had a negative impact on your battery, let's try to see if we have an app that could be the cause of this. The first test is to leave your phone in flight mode overnight without charging the phone. If you lose more than a couple of percent (3-6% is ok), then there might be something wrong. If you don't lose more, then continue to test #2

Go to system settings -> battery -> PowerMaster -> Auto-start manager. Here you need to remove the permission to auto restart for apps you don't fully trust. Especially those you have installed recently. When you have done this, kill all apps.

If your battery life i still not better, then I'm sorry but you will need to start from scratch with a factory restart.

If the factory restart doesn't help, then we need to log your phone to find out why it drops battery life much faster.

View post
Hi i am getting 5hours - 6hours only with continuous playing of pubg, does any one tryied