This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZenFone 6 and ZenScreen MB16AC compatabilty

samvelkoch
Star III
Is there the way to connect Zenfone 6 to portable external USB display ZenScreen MB16AC ?
10 REPLIES 10

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Ofc it has to be this one to work with touch
https://www.asus.com/us/Monitors/ZenScreen-MB16AMT/

_jis_
Zen Master III

Anders_ASUS

Everything works. It uses displayLinks technology to transfer the picture and touch via USB protocol. You need the ZenBeam Go and ZenScreen Touch app and after that it's basically plug & play.

View post
Thank you.
Ok, I understand the need for ZenScreen Touch app when we connect to the touch LCD panel.
ZenScreen Touch - Apps on Google PlayBut why we need to install ZenBeam Go app?
ZenBeam Go - Apps on Google PlayThis app isn't mentioned in ZenScreen Touch MB16AMT Portable Touch Monitor User Guide:
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/LCD%20Monitors/MB16AMT/ASUS_MB16AMT_English.pdf
Anyway this review from Play Store contain important user experience:
Bruno Klarin
August 29, 2019
When you install it, it says it needs another app (DisplayLink Presenter) in order to mirror image from Phone to projector. Image will not be displayed on projector without that app. Problem with that app is that although it will mirror your phone screen, it will not mirror video streaming such as Netflix, which is likely reason you bought this device for. As per their disclaimer "...Android prevents any protected content from video streaming services eg Netflix, Amazon etc, being available to the DisplayLink app..."

samvelkoch
Star III
Could you please kindly write a step-by-step instruction here?
I have Zenfone 6 Edition 30 (.137), ZenScreen MB16AC, ZenScreen Touch App, DisplayLink Presenter App, ZenBeam App.
It doesn't works for me.

_jis_
Zen Master III
If ZenScreen MB16AC has no touch panel, then you don't need ZenScreen Touch App, beside this I don't think that you need ZenBeam App.

Did you try just this?
[LCM] How do I connect the ASUS ZenScreen Go MB16AP to my mobile device?
Edit:
But wait, are you sure that ZenScreen MB16AC support DisplayLink technology at all? Maybe it does not use DisplayLink technology and relies on alternate video mode being supported by your phone (unfortunately not ZF6).
Or there is another problem: The MB16AC is USB bus powered. This will probably need more USB bus power than your phone can deliver. Please connect this through an externally powered USB hub to ensure the MB16AC gets enough power to work properly.

samvelkoch
Star III
_jis_

If ZenScreen MB16AC has no touch panel, then you don't need ZenScreen Touch App, beside this I don't think that you need ZenBeam App.

Did you try just this?

https://www.asus.com/zentalk/thread-243211-1-1.html

Edit:

But wait, are you sure that ZenScreen MB16AC support DisplayLink technology at all? Maybe it does not use DisplayLink technology and relies on alternate video mode being supported by your phone (unfortunately not ZF6).

Or there is another problem: The MB16AC is USB bus powered. This will probably need more USB bus power than your phone can deliver. Please connect this through an externally powered USB hub to ensure the MB16AC gets enough power to work properly.

View post
I've tried first. No way.
I've no externally powered USB hub.