manuel_fischer
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ZenFone 6
Firmware Version: WW_18.0610.2011.107
Rooted or not: no
Frequency of Occurrence: after official Android 11 release
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): DRM Info
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Before I install the official Android 11 update via OTA I was on widevine L1. After the official OTA-update (which installs without any error or warning-messages) I am on widevine L3. Testet with "DRM Info" app.

UPDATE:
After another reboot I am back on widevine L1! I did'nt change anythink, only the app "DRM Info" was used.

Now I am back on
Widevine CDM
Security Level: L1
Max. Number of Sessions: 30
OEM Crypto API Version: 16
6 REPLIES 6

_jis_
Zen Master III
Yes, restart is needed.
It is advisable to restart the device first before reporting any error 🙂

GFX
Rising Star I
I have the same issue even after restart, i was part of the beta and got the stable OTA, region is Sweden so I think the ROM hasn't been certified yet for Europe.
Anyone else can confirm?

Kris_ASUS
Community Manager
Community Manager
GFX

I have the same issue even after restart, i was part of the beta and got the stable OTA, region is Sweden so I think the ROM hasn't been certified yet for Europe.

Anyone else can confirm?

View post
Hi,
Have you ever unlocked your device? Widevine will become L3 if your device is unlocked.

Bhasky
Rising Star II
Kris_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/145022#Comment_145022

Hi,

Have you ever unlocked your device? Widevine will become L3 if your device is unlocked.

View post
My device had never been unlocked, yet after the successul update it was showing L3 until I reboot, after that it has restored to L1