This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What should I do if I face the well-known spontaneous reboot problem?

zentekker
Star I
Zenfone 6, 8GB/256GB, ZS630KL-2A005EU
Latest Patch: WW_17.1810.2009.176 ASUS stock ROM
Bootloader unlocked, Magisk.

Hi all,
I never had spontaneous reboots until about September/October 2020. Now I am also affected by this obviously well-known problem. At least I found several people complaining about the same issue.
I own the phone since February and it worked totally flawlessly before. Bootloader was unlocked since the beginning.
The reboots don't seem to follow any pattern: They can happen while the phone lies alone idle on a desk or while typing something. It also seems not to be related to temperature or load.
Is there a fix other than a hardware fix? I read, the mainboard is faulty. How is the procedure to get this fixed?
Best regards
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

kikoly
Hall of Fame II
zentekker

Thank you for your answers. However, in the EU (where I reside) while device rooting can still void the voluntary manufacturer guarantee, it does not affect the statuatory liability for defects:

https(colon)(double-slash)www(dot)piana(dot)eu/root/

(I am not yet allowed to post links. Please replace "(dot)" by '.' etc.).

Where do I find the contact details for my "local service center"? And does "get in touch with your local support" mean to contact the local ASUS branch in my home country? Or does that mean that I would just RMA the device with ASUS in my country and specify the error in the document inside the RMA?

The fault is clearly connected to a hardware failure and as such unrelated to rooting. Can I (and if so, should) I relock the bootloader before sending the device in?

Best regards

View post
https://www.asus.com/support/service-center-location

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
pwoock

Zenfone 6, 8GB/256GB, ZS630KL-2A005EU

Latest Patch: WW_17.1810.2009.176 ASUS stock ROM

Bootloader unlocked, Magisk.

Hi all,

I never had spontaneous reboots until about September/October 2020. Now I am also affected by this obviously well-known problem. At least I found several people complaining about the same issue.

I own the phone since February and it worked totally flawlessly before. Bootloader was unlocked since the beginning.

The reboots don't seem to follow any pattern: They can happen while the phone lies alone idle on a desk or while typing something. It also seems not to be related to temperature or load.

Is there a fix other than a hardware fix? I read, the mainboard is faulty. How is the procedure to get this fixed?

Best regards

What should I do if I face the well-known spontaneous reboot problem?
My suggestion is that you restore the software to its original state and then you get in touch with your local support

kikoly
Hall of Fame II
Since the bootloader has been unlocked, the product warranty has been lost. Frequent reboots are mostly caused by hardware failures. It is recommended to bring the phone to the local service center for inquiries. Since the warranty has been lost, sending the phone to a service center for repair may incur repair costs.

zentekker
Star I
Thank you for your answers. However, in the EU (where I reside) while device rooting can still void the voluntary manufacturer guarantee, it does not affect the statuatory liability for defects:
Where do I find the contact details for my "local service center"? And does "get in touch with your local support" mean to contact the local ASUS branch in my home country? Or does that mean that I would just RMA the device with ASUS in my country and specify the error in the document inside the RMA?
The fault is clearly connected to a hardware failure and as such unrelated to rooting. Can I (and if so, should) I relock the bootloader before sending the device in?
Best regards

kikoly
Hall of Fame II
zentekker

Best regards

View post
https://www.asus.com/support/service-center-location