I'd really like to get this phone, but I'm concerned about the motherboard issue. I live in Japan but would be buying the North American version of the phone because I travel between the two countries occasionally and that's the version that has the most frequency bands I need. If the phone has the motherboard issue this would make it very complicated to repair, though. I'm willing to wait a bit, but would that make a difference? I don't know if the ones being manufactured now are any different than the ones from before they knew there was a motherboard issue.
As a zenfone 6 user , do not buy this phone if you are not ready with the factory reset solution from the mods, i have been following this forum since i bought the zenfone 6. i saw a lot of people having problem with their phone, and all of the solution after you reset or restart your phone is , factory reset it. This is the worst phone i ever use, i am planning to sold it when i got enough money to buy another phone.