This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to buy Zenfone 6 but worried about motherboard issue.

coltostallion
Star II
I'd really like to get this phone, but I'm concerned about the motherboard issue. I live in Japan but would be buying the North American version of the phone because I travel between the two countries occasionally and that's the version that has the most frequency bands I need. If the phone has the motherboard issue this would make it very complicated to repair, though. I'm willing to wait a bit, but would that make a difference? I don't know if the ones being manufactured now are any different than the ones from before they knew there was a motherboard issue.
24 REPLIES 24

kinguntas23
Rising Star II
Alright, Despite having a faulty device, I've been very faithful in the company and ZenUI 6's potential. But given the fact that you transition between 2 countries, I really wouldn't recommend buying the phone with the ongoing manufacturing flaw. I you were settled in one country the situation would be completely different. I would have totally recommend you to go ahead since you could just receive the phone, stress test it in extreme conditions over a week and you could return a faulty device very easily. But you might not be able to get a replacement while moving through countries. Don't get me wrong here, the phone is undoubtedly the best in the segment, just that in your situation, it would be highly tedious and maybe even impossible to get a replacement on time. Even the repair process would be highly painstaking if you travel frequently.

coltostallion
Star II
kinguntas23

Alright, Despite having a faulty device, I've been very faithful in the company and ZenUI 6's potential. But given the fact that you transition between 2 countries, I really wouldn't recommend buying the phone with the ongoing manufacturing flaw. I you were settled in one country the situation would be completely different. I would have totally recommend you to go ahead since you could just receive the phone, stress test it in extreme conditions over a week and you could return a faulty device very easily. But you might not be able to get a replacement while moving through countries. Don't get me wrong here, the phone is undoubtedly the best in the segment, just that in your situation, it would be highly tedious and maybe even impossible to get a replacement on time. Even the repair process would be highly painstaking if you travel frequently.

View post
Yeah, I definitely understand. My current phone battery is dying faster but it otherwise fine so I can still use it for a while, but are they planning to fix the issue at a manufacturing level if I wait long enough? Or is this likely to be an ongoing thing and I should just find a different phone to buy entirely?

MisterSavage
Rising Star I
You have no worries about getting a faulty board fixed. That's assured. You wouldn't be paying for any shipping and most time, ASUS is shipping it to and from with overnight shipping. I'm sure if you have an issue with the mobo, their parts should be more available and reduce any wait times.

lyzin_cantara
Star I
I believe in Asus I also want to buy a Zenfone 6, My Zenfone Deluxe 5.7 was already going three years October & I am planning to buy this incredible CP Zenfone 6, I hope it will be available here in Asus store dealer Philippines! I don't want to buy online , although my Zenfone 3 deluxe was bought through Lazada from Asus reseller in Hongkong ,mine was a US version! Thank you & I hope next year it can be bought here!