This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Single tap to turn on screen request

cornelis
Star III
I love the Z6 and ZenUi. But I find the "double tap to turn on the screen" quite inconsistent. It usually takes a few tries before the screen actually turns on. And that could be my fault, that I'm not tapping fast enough or the taps are too far away from each other. Therefore I would like to see a new option in ZenUi where you could just tap the screen once and it turns on, kind of like an iPhone or a OnePlus device. Please respond to make me know if it's possible, thanks! And again, love this phone!
19 REPLIES 19

Rustylord
Rising Star II
Oh you meant that dark screen with time and fingerprint prompt? (like in oneplus)

cornelis
Star III
No, maybe OnePlus does it differently. But I want it to do the same thing the double tap does now, just turning on the display. Like an iPhone.

cornelis
Star III
Lift to wake is fine but I when I'm already holding my phone with my hand and I can't reach the power button it's a bit annoying having to trigger lift to wake than just to tap the screen. And I don't think It would be triggered in a pocket that much, unless you keep touch-gloves together with you phone at all times :). And even if it did, it would just turn on the lockscreen for a few seconds, it wouldn't change anything and battery consumtion would be minimal. If some people would think that's too much compromise then that's fine. But at least adding the option wouldn't hurt.

evnchn
Rising Star II
Make sure you are double tapping not double knocking. If you have problem registering the double click try making the first click longer (compensate for lower-than-usual touch digitizer polling frequency when screen off). I agree with current setup because it means that less mistriggers.