This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signal indicator disappearing

Jeb
Rising Star II
Is anyone else getting this issue on the Zenfone 6 in which the signal indicator is disappearing?
7AGJ9EDFUHNO.jpg

20 REPLIES 20

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
Jeb

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/43235#Comment_43235

1. I can generally reproduce it if I'm either traveling or if I'm in an area with stellar cellular coverage - let's say, right next to a cell tower. At home, it happens sometimes if I'm in a room near a window I think because I have a few cell towers nearby.

2. The phone goes back to normal on it's own, but it's generally as I continue to travel or move within a building to another location. Sometimes the phone does it on its own when it's stationary, but it's hard to say why and not *completely* predictable.

View post
Software is asking for another modem log, and a video if possible. They're also wonder when you say, "The phone goes back to normal on its own", how long will it take for that to happen?
You can send the logs to Anders or me.

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
If anyone else with this UI issue is willing to help, we would like to see logs from you as well. Let me or Anders know and we can send you the log tool with instructions.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
We've finally been able to find the issue and why it's happening. Will be fixed with next FOTA. Thank you all for your help!

Jeb
Rising Star II
I just received the latest FOTA last night and the issue still hasn't been fixed.
NHGU2LXFR3OC.jpg

skylerwolfe
Zen Master I
Jeb

I just received the latest FOTA last night and the issue still hasn't been fixed.

NHGU2LXFR3OC.jpg

View post
I'm assuming @Anders_ASUS meant the next one. The 129 update came out already earlier this week. It may have just shown up for you last night, but it was already available. If they just figured out the issue it's too late for the 129 release.