This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Settings Alarms for Specific Dates.

shiv1g
Rising Star I
I'm using the default Asus Clock app on my Asus 6Z for alarms.
Today I noticed that there is no option to set a future alarm for a specific date. For example, if today is 1st of July and I want an alarm on 15th of July or 17th or 19th.... to alert me. Currently, we can only set alarms for everyday, weekdays, weekends, or by weekly basis.
The option of setting particular date wise alarms are quite helpful. They are almost like reminders.
OnePlus clock has this feature for a long time and being an ex OnePlus user for a long time (though I'm equally enjoying my Asus 6Z experience) now I'm missing this feature quite a lot on 6Z.
I request Asus to kindly consider this adding in their next update to make the clock app even more useful and functional.

@Anders_ASUS

screenshot-20200714-230951-1.jpg

4 REPLIES 4

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
shiv1g

I'm using the default Asus Clock app on my Asus 6Z for alarms.

Today I noticed that there is no option to set a future alarm for a specific date. For example, if today is 1st of July and I want an alarm on 15th of July or 17th or 19th.... to alert me. Currently, we can only set alarms for everyday, weekdays, weekends, or by weekly basis.

The option of setting particular date wise alarms are quite helpful. They are almost like reminders.

OnePlus clock has this feature for a long time and being an ex OnePlus user for a long time (though I'm equally enjoying my Asus 6Z experience) now I'm missing this feature quite a lot on 6Z.

I request Asus to kindly consider this adding in their next update to make the clock app even more useful and functional.

@Anders_ASUS

screenshot-20200714-230951-1.jpg

Settings Alarms for Specific Dates.
If you want future date and time alarms,
No worries you can still set reminders in calender which will work same as alarms on exact particular date and time u want those to ring up

shiv1g
Rising Star I
amitgarde3

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/31918/settings-alarms-for-specific-dates

If you want future date and time alarms,

No worries you can still set reminders in calender which will work same as alarms on exact particular date and time u want those to ring up

View post
Like I said, these are kind of like reminders because you can Label the alarm for reminder purposes ( we can only label the alarm in the present app), but most importantly there main use is to ring an actual Alarm on a specific set date.
The calendar reminders are not a solution to this. The main reason for this is that the reminder in calendar doesn't ring like an actual alarm. It just chimes the notification tone for once and that's it.
Maybe now you understand what I'm talking about.

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
shiv1g

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/96683#Comment_96683

Like I said, these are kind of like reminders because you can Label the alarm for reminder purposes ( we can only label the alarm in the present app), but most importantly there main use is to ring an actual Alarm on a specific set date.

The calendar reminders are not a solution to this. The main reason for this is that the reminder in calendar doesn't ring like an actual alarm. It just chimes the notification tone for once and that's it.

Maybe now you understand what I'm talking about.

View post
Oo yes, now i got you n i can say yes this option is needful i wish if asus devs consider this 😊

victor010
Zen Master III
Hi there, we have made a note of the feedback and will share it with the relevant team. Thank you.