cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions around android 10 on zenfone 6

gouravjoshi100
Rising Star I
@Anders_ASUS @LP_ASUS @CH_ASUS
First things first...thanks for quick android 10 update. Asus has really done a good job and people who are complaining does not how difficult such update can be...they should understand firewares are not easy even pixel and iphones are not safe even though they are first party os and devices. I am not saying there is no issue..definetly it is not perfect but we need to give some time to Asus to fix issues.
Now second part
1) I saw tremendous performance and battery improvement after updating z6 to android 10 via flashing full file...i went back from android 10 to pie and again update via file option rather than ota and things are very smooth now compared to previous dont know why?...
2) Sometime Clear all button in recent apps do not appear. it is not all the time sometime let says 2 or 3 times it does not appear. can u please check.
3) UI is not clean like when u scroll up on all apps screen in setting. it overlap with status bar which is not a good experience instead all app bar selection bar should be fixed and nothing should appear after that..u can check oneplus 7. I saw such UI glitches in a lot places like similar issue with sms app but it overlaps with navigation bar...and a lot setting pages having this issue.
4) I bought z6 for camera, I know u guys are working when no new features are added since long. Z6 is flagship phone atleast for asus so we expect some more support and I hope u guys are working on new features as well apart part fixes performance of existing features. Any update u have?
5) I heard project mainline is available for zenfone 6 but is it correct? if it is then why we have not seen any play store update for November? sorry if there is no update released so far from google itself or asus need to enable it?

33 REPLIES 33

_jis_
Zen Master III
I agree with your introductory paragraph.
Years ago I didn't have such a good experience with Major Update on Nexus devices as I have now on ZF6. At that time I felt like an alpha tester.
I am happy with performance and battery in A10 too, despite that I update only through OTA. BTW A10 update was my 8. OTA update in row since I bought phone 5 months ago without any factory reset. I expected this time to be necessary, but so far there was no reason to do so.
I've been using the A10 for 10 days, but I haven't noticed this yet. I am using Nova launcher and FNG for navigation.
I can confirm this. It did not come to me as a mistake, more like a variegation 🙂

ZT-2874a36c
Star III
you are right. Mainly it is more portant that they made efforts to push A10. But ya they need camera improvements i also have made discussion of additional features for camera. Asus mods have replied on it. They need to do serious work over camera features. OnePlus has a team to bring optimum optimization to their camera features if Asus is able to do such it would be impressive.
Main thing is why many are saying A10 is buggy i know some bugs happen but my friend has OnePlus 7 pro and he said he also faces many bugs after upgrading to a10

gouravjoshi100
Rising Star I
_jis_

I agree with your introductory paragraph.

Years ago I didn't have such a good experience with Major Update on Nexus devices as I have now on ZF6. At that time I felt like an alpha tester.

1. I am happy with performance and battery in A10 too, despite that I update only through OTA. BTW A10 update was my 8. OTA update in row since I bought phone 5 months ago without any factory reset. I expected this time to be necessary, but so far there was no reason to do so.
  2. I've been using the A10 for 10 days, but I haven't noticed this yet. I am using Nova launcher and FNG for navigation.
  3. I can confirm this. It did not come to me as a mistake, more like a variegation 🙂

View post
@_jis_ thanks added one more point in original post for project mainline

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
gouravjoshi100

@Anders_ASUS @LP_ASUS @CH_ASUS

First things first...thanks for quick android 10 update. Asus has really done a good job and people who are complaining does not how difficult such update can be...they should understand firewares are not easy even pixel and iphones are not safe even though they are first party os and devices. I am not saying there is no issue..definetly it is not perfect but we need to give some time to Asus to fix issues.

Now second part

1) I saw tremendous performance and battery improvement after updating z6 to android 10 via flashing full file...i went back from android 10 to pie and again update via file option rather than ota and things are very smooth now compared to previous dont know why?...

2) Sometime Clear all button in recent apps do not appear. it is not all the time sometime let says 2 or 3 times it does not appear. can u please check.

3) UI is not clean like when u scroll up on all apps screen in setting. it overlap with status bar which is not a good experience instead all app bar selection bar should be fixed and nothing should appear after that..u can check oneplus 7. I saw such UI glitches in a lot places like similar issue with sms app but it overlaps with navigation bar...and a lot setting pages having this issue.

4) I bought z6 for camera, I know u guys are working when no new features are added since long. Z6 is flagship phone atleast for asus so we expect some more support and I hope u guys are working on new features as well apart part fixes performance of existing features. Any update u have?

5) I heard project mainline is available for zenfone 6 but is it correct? if it is then why we have not seen any play store update for November? sorry if there is no update released so far from google itself or asus need to enable it?

Questions around android 10 on zenfone 6
1)I suppose updating Android incrementally, esp. big firmware versions can always run a risk of user settings breaking.. I believe this has been with us for ages , and it doesnt necessarily affect everyone.. I do not have a good answer as to why some get more issues than others.

2) We'll monitor but so far I cannot reproduce it either , appreciate if you could try to check if it happens under same/specific instances - it would be easier to find/fix.

3) Let's check in the next update. From my device (which is also in beta) I know what you are mentioning but cannot reproduce that in
Settings anymore. Neither in All Apps inside Settings.

4) I'm not sure about which features you refer to but so far, we are mainly focusing on quality - no new features are planned for now.

5) Project Mainline is available. But project mainline is not to be confused with "Monthly Security Patches" (as you are used to from "before"). They are not same thing and dont necessarily follow same updates - and yeah, the Google Play System Updates are pushed from Google. The "Security update" is still maintained by Asus through FOTA.
You can find that here: Settings->Security&Lock Screen -> "Google Play system update" (this is "project mainline").