This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Photos get mirrored in Android 10 when camera is flipped

Star I
After updating to Android 10, photos taken when the camera is flipped get mirrored. There is no way that I can find to change this. This is really annoying, especially in photos with text in them.
I tried contacting the ASUS support chat and they said that it should be that way which makes no sense. I told them that I was able to take normal, non-mirrored photos in Android 9 but they said that the photos are mirrored in 9 as well. I checked photos taken before the update and they were normal so what they told me was not true.
7 REPLIES 7

fjaviergj
Rising Star II
I never had that problem. After changing Android 9 to 10 it is very advisable to make a factory reset of the phone so that everything works correctly.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III

After updating to Android 10, photos taken when the camera is flipped get mirrored. There is no way that I can find to change this. This is really annoying, especially in photos with text in them.

I tried contacting the ASUS support chat and they said that it should be that way which makes no sense. I told them that I was able to take normal, non-mirrored photos in Android 9 but they said that the photos are mirrored in 9 as well. I checked photos taken before the update and they were normal so what they told me was not true.

Photos get mirrored in Android 10 when camera is flipped
There's a mirror option in the camera settings when you're in selfie mode. This option won't be visible in any other mode.

fjaviergj
Rising Star II
@Anders_ASUS
This option should be disabled by default.
The reasonable thing is that the photo is taken normally, and without a mirror effect. Please, you can implement it in the next update.
It is not possible to disable this setting when using the camera with third-party applications, so it should be disabled by default.

_jis_
Zen Master III
It is not possible to disable this setting when using the camera with third-party applications, so it should be disabled by default.
Check Settings / Advanced / Flip camera features / Display image right-side-up