Did you mean: 

Phone is starting to die

tepwu
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone 6 ZS630KL
Firmware Version: WW_18.0610.2106.156
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: At least twice a day (if not more)
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
A PSA:
2 days ago my phone started to crash (shows a blank dark blue screen and shut off) around twice a day. I've noticed that it happens more frequently when I'm charging and using my phone. Whenever the phone crashes, I am unable to turn it back on without waiting at least 20-30 min. I'm afraid that one day soon, I won't be able to turn it back on at all.
I believe that these symptoms are similar to the others on this forum who have posted about their phones rebooting/dying. It's really a shame since I've been using it, like many others, for 2 years and 3 months without many other issues until now - I guess each one of theses phones are ticking timebombs...
I actually also have a Zenfone 3 that is still mostly working to this day (it has a faulty camera that doesn't autofocus anymore), but with the lack of quality software updates and faulty hardware from Asus, I think this will be my last Asus phone that I will purchase. I would love to hope that I could get this phone fixed, but hearing the horror stories of Asus service centres being incompetent and experiencing it myself a couple years ago with an Asus tablet, I don't have much hope.
Remember to back up your files everyone! You don't know when your Zenfone 6 is gonna die on you and I expect to see more posts about dead phones in the coming months.
Time to buy a Pixel or something I guess....
2 REPLIES 2

pavelvarga24
Star III
It is really sad to hear these stories. I really like my Zenfone 6, but I'm already thinking about buying new phone this summer, I'm thinking maybe Zenfone 9 (flip) when Asus comes up with that. My Zenfone 6 is working perfectly, it is under warranty until march 2022, so I hope it won't die on me just after the warranty ends, that would really make me reconsider buying Asus phone ever again.
I kinda regret not buying some kind of extended warranty for my phone when it was new, for example 3 years of warranty would be nice
Will be shame if it dies, because I always pass my old phone to my family members (my dad still uses my old Nexus 6, which I think is from 2016, and my brother is happily using Samsung Galaxy S8 which I gave to him). So even if I buy new phone, Zenfone 6 will continue to be used for sure, so I hope it won't die or I hope it dies before the warranty ends. That would mean I would get it either replaced, repaired or get my money back, the money back would be the best case scenario because I would use the money to buy new flagship phone. But if the ZF6 dies just after the warranty ends, that would mean I'm never buying Asus phone again (at least without extended warranty).
Anyway, I digress. This issue sucks and I feel bad for all the people who's phone died just after the warranty ended

tepwu
Star II
Just wanted to update everyone. It looks like the phone finally died. Over the past 10 days the phone had a random number of resets every day, sometimes maybe 5 a day and another day there would be no resets. But 2 days ago, the phone crashed for the last time and I've been unable to turn it on since. Luckily I was able to back everything up and now I'm using a Pixel 6. The transition hasn't been great though - lack of headphone jack, bad fingerprint sensor, mediocre battery life, no twin apps - if I could've just stayed with my Zenfone 6 I would've been much happier... I hope others don't have to go through the same thing as me. Have a happy holidays everyone.