This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone gets heated up when clicking 48 MP shots through rear cam

karanhv764
Star III
Even 5-10 minutes of using the camera on 48 MP which included clicking 10 photos on potrait made my device heated. Phone is updated to latest updated software received and have no restart issues other than this. I own an Indian version and got the device just 2 days back. Read a lot of mixed reviews about heating and hence unable to decide whether to go for a replacement ? Is it a software or hardware issue ? Will it get fixed in later updates or is the problem with particular unit ?

11 REPLIES 11

ColorSage
Zen Master I
First, you have to understand that there's no single "temperature of the phone". It has many temperature sensors inside and you can also refer to the subjective temperature of housing. Safe range may differ between locations. For instance, CPU cores can withstand about 80C without any problem but the battery is supposed to work under 50C (the smaller the better here) and camera module can heat up to 70C inside. If you want to objectively measure the temperature of your camera unit, download some app like HW Monitor and find a sensor with 'camera' in name (camera-usr). Then do some photos and report it back.
Edit: I did 30x48 Mpix photos under 2 minutes and my readings for camera-usr sensors were about 58C. Camera housing got just a little bit hotter.

karanhv764
Star III
It gets heated while charging too when the phone is even idle and the adapter gets heated as well. Is this too normal ?

Note - Not using any wire extensions for charging and using the original charger.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
How hot your phone gets during charging depends on how empty your battery was when you started charging. If it was 20%, then it will fast charge for a while which brings up the heat. This will happen to any phone and it's ok since it only charges this fast for a while. If you game on your phone while charging, there's a big difference in heat if you do this with say 30% battery VS 90%.

karanhv764
Star III
@Anders_ASUS I just have one doubt. It's okay all flagships do get hot some or the other day but here this model has come to market with flaws in the units and many faulty units have been delivered. So, if its not restarting or not having any other issues, but getting heated even with 10 minutes of 48MP camera shots - Can we say this as faulty unit and a replacement will solve this ? Or is this a software issue which has to be resolved in future updates ?

Dr__Allwyn_Vinc
Star II
karanhv764

Even 5-10 minutes of using the camera on 48 MP which included clicking 10 photos on potrait made my device heated. Phone is updated to latest updated software received and have no restart issues other than this. I own an Indian version and got the device just 2 days back. Read a lot of mixed reviews about heating and hence unable to decide whether to go for a replacement ? Is it a software or hardware issue ? Will it get fixed in later updates or is the problem with particular unit ?

Phone gets heated up when clicking 48 MP shots through rear cam
Is this issue still there ?