cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone feature suggestions

nphan82
Star II
Hi,
Have been really excited about this phone, however there are several basic things that are lacking with this phone.
Essential improvements:
1. The ability to use the wide angle camera lens in 3rd party apps. It would be nice if we could switch the camera being used via the navigation bar flip toggle setting (which is used to change the angle of the tilt of the camera)
2. Better dual sim usage. The current interface is not very user friendly in identifying before you start calling, which sim you are using. Most other dual sims will have a selection in the notification bar as to which phone is the primary phone number that you would call out with. Also, the interface would change to that designated colour to indicate which sim is selected so you know which one you will be calling out with. Currently its very confusing to know which sim will call out with on the phone.
3. Voice activation for camera photos eg saying "Cheese" or "Smile" will trigger the camera to take a photo. As the camera doesn't have image stabilisation, particularly when taking selfies, having to press the screen to take photos causes vibration and blurring of the images. By having voice activation (eg saying "Smile" or "cheese") helps with that.

Desirable improvements:
4. More complex alarm settings - eg simple maths puzzle to turn off alarm, being able to turn the phone over to snooze
5. Being able to see what the different times are in different time zones eg if it is now 9am in Sydney, what the time is in New York etc.
11 REPLIES 11

nphan82
Star II
LG V40.
The LGs have been good performers hardware wise and there are many little things that I miss since the change.
The main downfall with LG phones is the suboptimal battery life and performance and poor/slow software updates. Camera, sound on LGs are great though!

nphan82
Star II
Obviously price point wise, the Zenfone is in a different class to LG's. The Zenfone's got phenomenal battery life, and true dual sim (not hybrid sim), with expandable storage and headphone jack - those were all factors in me wanting to give it a try instead of sticking with LG. On the other side, there are just those small things that are missing that would make this a great phone! (like being able to use the wide angle camera in 3rd party apps!)

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
nphan82

Obviously price point wise, the Zenfone is in a different class to LG's. The Zenfone's got phenomenal battery life, and true dual sim (not hybrid sim), with expandable storage and headphone jack - those were all factors in me wanting to give it a try instead of sticking with LG. On the other side, there are just those small things that are missing that would make this a great phone! (like being able to use the wide angle camera in 3rd party apps!)

View post
I will look into this once more to see if they have found some clever work around. I didn't know that it worked with some LG phones

nphan82
Star II

abhidongre709
Star II
I don't think that voice activation for selfie will work that much, cuz then the consumption will be increased and it may not work in party or public places are there may be enough sound distraction
I like your idea of Alarm snooze by math puzzle, if this gets installed, Asus will be the first one to do so and it's good also!!! Great creativity!!